Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Hoi Polloi's highly anticipated stat post (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199728)

Hoi Polloi 08-30-2006 12:13 AM

Hoi Polloi\'s highly anticipated stat post

The discussion in this unfortunate thread generated some interest about my short-handed statistics for 3 reasons:

1. I made what is all things being equal a bad fold in the sample hand;

2. Some posters suggested I fold too much based on my comments in this thread ; and

3. I misrepresented my WtSD # in the first thread.

These stats represent about 25k hands at 5/10 and 7k hands at 10/20 (I started playing 6-max exclusively in June). Without further ado here they are:

VPIP: 27.6
PFR: 20.8
AG (post-flop): 2.38
WtSD: 35.5 (I misstated this as 45 in the referenced thread)
W$SD: 54.7

I post this primarily for those few posters who may be interested from the previous discussion. Any comments are welcome. I promise not to be defensive. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers...

Rubeskies 08-30-2006 01:19 AM

Re: Hoi Polloi\'s highly anticipated stat post

35 is a bit low for a 27/20 style. Might be OK for 23/18 but you probably fold too much for 27/20.

Overall agression looks about right.

DeathDonkey 08-30-2006 01:21 AM

It's tough to say without playing with you what is correct because there are different successful styles. That said my went to SD at 20/40 and 30/60 6m is between 40 and 42. At lower games with more honest opponents I'm sure it would be a bit lower. If you want to post your party poker name (I assume that's your site) people could be helpful but I also would totally understand not wanting to do that.

-DeathDonkey

Victor 08-30-2006 02:06 AM

40 wsd appalls me. i would hemorrhage chips.

Nietzsche 08-30-2006 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
35 is a bit low for a 27/20 style. Might be OK for 23/18 but you probably fold too much for 27/20.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say exactly the opposite. The tighter you are preflop the more inclined you should be to go to showdown.

disjunction 08-30-2006 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say exactly the opposite. The tighter you are preflop the more inclined you should be to go to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tighter you are, the less your opponents will stay with you to showdown, too. Hard to tell the overall effect, but I think that's what you're saying anyway.

The Bryce 08-30-2006 02:19 AM

By looking at those statistics I can tell you that:

1) You play poker
2) You are not retarded

I hope you have found this analysis insightful. Any advice that people try and give you based on a set of statistics like that should usually be ignored.

[ QUOTE ]
That said my went to SD at 20/40 and 30/60 6m is between 40 and 42.

[/ QUOTE ]

The WTSD isn't important so much as the won showdown when saw flop (multiply WTSD x W$ASD) it should come out somewhere around at least .2 in the party games if you're tight. If you can faciliate it, you'd much rather be 33WTSD 60W$ASD than 40WTSD 50W$ASD.

Nietzsche 08-30-2006 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The tighter you are, the less your opponents will stay with you to showdown, too. Hard to tell the overall effect, but I think that's what you're saying anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
For observant opponents yes. But I think in general you starting out with better showdown material is a more important factor.

Nate tha\\\' Great 08-30-2006 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By looking at those statistics I can tell you that:

1) You play poker
2) You are not retarded

I hope you have found this analysis insightful. Any advice that people try and give you based on a set of statistics like that should usually be ignored.

[ QUOTE ]
That said my went to SD at 20/40 and 30/60 6m is between 40 and 42.

[/ QUOTE ]

The WTSD isn't important so much as the won showdown when saw flop (multiply WTSD x W$ASD) it should come out somewhere around at least .2 in the party games if you're tight. If you can faciliate it, you'd much rather be 33WTSD 60W$ASD than 40WTSD 50W$ASD.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wouldn't.

The Bryce 08-30-2006 03:11 AM

Uh, mathematically speaking, yes you would rather be winning the same amount of showdowns but be paying less overall to see showdowns.