Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   6/12 live question about Quads (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=427097)

Rottersod 06-14-2007 12:22 AM

6/12 live question about Quads

never thought I'd have a question about how to play my Quads but I'm starting to get back into limit from NL and this hand just came up. I don't remember the exact details of the starting amounts but this will suffice:

8 players. 6/12

MP: $400
CO: $500+
Button (Hero): $400

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP (aggressive) calls, MP1 folds, CO (aggressive) calls, Hero (I've been playing TAG and haven't shown anyone any big bluffs or unusual plays) has K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG1 calls, MP calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG1 checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero bets, UTG1 folds, MP raises, CO calls, Hero raises, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MP checks, CO checks, Hero bets (I hope one of them hit a FH), MP raises, CO calls (huh?).

What is my move? Do I re-raise and figure both of them filled up and they'll keep paying me or do I flat call? I can't think of any river card that would slow them down except an A if they put me on AA or AK. I figure I just keep raising but want to get some opinions. This was very puzzling turn betting.

MitchL 06-14-2007 12:53 AM

Re: 6/12 live question about Quads

Keep raising. One or both of them has a fh hopefully the nut fh. Its ok to squeeze a player who got counterfieted or has AA or something out, bc they either cant improve by the river or only have a 2 outer to improve. Dont sacrifice the value of a raising war w/ one player just to keep a player who wont put in much more in the pot. WHo knows maybe they both have fhs.

Niediam 06-14-2007 01:36 AM

Slowplaying sucks in general.

Slowplaying really sucks when it looks like your opponents want to put money in the pot.

Christian_Peters 06-14-2007 01:39 AM

If you like money, I would raise.

No one slows down with a boat on the fear that a PFR has Quads.

James. 06-14-2007 09:04 AM

just don't fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JJH3984 06-14-2007 09:21 AM

obvious raise. If one of them picked up backdoor diamonds, you want to charge them now to draw dead. You also hope the raiser has a FH and will put in more action.

Rottersod 06-14-2007 11:07 AM

OK. That's what I figured but I just wanted to make sure you all thought the same. It was a strange hand but one that I was absolutely in love with. One thing I didn't mention is there was a BBJ so there was no way I could lose.

Dagger78 06-14-2007 12:42 PM

Keep raising, noone is folding.

mtdoak 06-14-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep raising. One or both of them has a fh hopefully the nut fh. Its ok to squeeze a player who got counterfieted or has AA or something out, bc they either cant improve by the river or only have a 2 outer to improve. Dont sacrifice the value of a raising war w/ one player just to keep a player who wont put in much more in the pot. WHo knows maybe they both have fhs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have all 4 K's, they best they can have is 8s full.

chillrob 06-14-2007 04:24 PM

I am not sure why you mention the bad beat jackpot. By the turn, it is impossible for you to lose this hand. No straight flush possibilities on board.

Rob