Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   pretty standard spot, bellagio 2/4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444864)

stinkypete 07-06-2007 10:07 PM

pretty standard spot, bellagio 2/4

opponent is guy who's been opening a ton of pots and cold-calling up to 3-bets often against players he wants to play pots against. he thinks he is the best player in the game and may be correct but even he isn't good enough to make KTo from the SB for 3-bets profitable. he opens in the hijack.

the guy plays well postflop and is hitting a lot of hands. he has been opening my big blind almost every time it's been folded to him (at least 4/5 times) and it's pretty clear he thinks i'm weak-tight or straightforward and that's probably because he hasn't seen me in black chip games before and thinks i'm taking a shot. i'm in the game because its ridiculously good and i like GAMBOL.

i 3-town T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the big blind. LAG calls.

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i bet and LAG calls.

what's my plan for the rest of the hand?

limon 07-06-2007 10:12 PM

Re: pretty standard spot, bellagio 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
opponent is guy who's been opening a ton of pots and cold-calling up to 3-bets often against players he wants to play pots against. he thinks he is the best player in the game and may be correct but even he isn't good enough to make KTo from the SB for 3-bets profitable. he opens in the hijack.

the guy plays well postflop and is hitting a lot of hands. he has been opening my big blind almost every time it's been folded to him (at least 4/5 times) and it's pretty clear he thinks i'm weak-tight or straightforward and that's probably because he hasn't seen me in black chip games before and thinks i'm taking a shot. i'm in the game because its ridiculously good and i like GAMBOL.

i 3-town T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the big blind. LAG calls.

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i bet and LAG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

since im in the limit forum ill try to give advice. no draws to fear. check behind on the turn to induce river bluff/limit loss when he shows ace rag. there is no waqy to win a big pot here but ive given you a good line to win a small one.

stinkypete 07-06-2007 10:18 PM

i'm out of position.

limon 07-06-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

man im fuqqin up everything tonite. trying to finish of a keg of fat tire left over from the 4th. well he calls the flop cause he has a weak ace/monster or he thinks youll fold any non ace hand on the turn when he raises your weak tight ass w/ his shyt hand. sooo considering you only beat one of those scenarios check call the turn and check call the river. try to convince him the turn gave you a draw. someone will probably try to tell you to bet 3 bet the turn and re-outplay him using your image but those same guys have graphs that look like enron stock.

SteveL91 07-06-2007 10:29 PM

I'd tend to just c/c down like limon said, particularly against someone who's hellbent on "outplaying you."

stinkypete 07-06-2007 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd tend to just c/c down like limon said, particularly against someone who's hellbent on "outplaying you."

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't that make my hand totally transparent? isnt that what he wants me to do?

DpR 07-06-2007 11:49 PM

I think c/c is your only option. In this scenario he will probably bet his KQ on the turn, so there is really little lost. Betting this turn puts you in a pretty tough spot.

limon 07-07-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't that make my hand totally transparent? isnt that what he wants me to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

in general "outplayers" hate to be called down. theyll usually berate you as a calling station to some railbird friend of theirs. theyll say loud enuf so you can hear that you had no idea where you were at in the hand even though you knew exactly where you were the whole way.

SteveL91 07-07-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'd also screwplay the turn with good A's to balance out the times where I decide to c/c the turn/river on a dry A-high board.

I've been thinking about it some more, and given that he is trying to outplay you, he may carry through on his float and raise the turn regardless of his hand. So, from that perspective, having 3BBs go in on the big streets isn't necessarily terrible. But, I think c/c the turn/river maximizes your earn when he's just peeling with whatever, planning on betting the turn if you check and folding if you bet again.

Also, I don't know that you really need to worry about your hand being transparent unless you think the other guy is good. And even if good players at the table see it, there are ways to exploit that.

Hopefully others will chime in, because now I'm curious about this situation in general, and specifically against someone like this guy.

emerson 07-07-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet fold turn, check call river.