Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Folding KK Pre-flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547825)

B1gSexy 11-16-2007 05:28 PM

Folding KK Pre-flop

My question is, do you ever fold KK pre-flop?? How tight does your opponent have to be for you to fold KK??

I've dropped 10 buy-ins in last 3 days running KK into AA and I'm wondering if I should have folded some of them. The problem is none of my opponents were overly tight. Some of them had good, solid stats, but not really tight enough for me to fold. At least I thought so anyway.

RelentlessD 11-16-2007 05:33 PM

Re: Folding KK Pre-flop

I never would. Just bad luck - you'll have AA and run into KK and get it back at some point.

Split Suit 11-16-2007 05:36 PM

i will fold it sometimes. very very very player dependent.

will never fold it pf live

$cumbag 11-16-2007 05:39 PM

Well I had 2 situations holding KK and faced AA.
Both times it was obvious the player had a freaking good hand!
I didn't manage to fold and lost 2 buyins.

In the future I am about folding, not preflop but it villians line it to obvious!

infinity235 11-16-2007 05:40 PM

Please, please, don't fold KK for 100BB. There have been too many discussions about this and you just can't do it.

Chargers In 07 11-16-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please, please, don't fold KK for 100BB. There have been too many discussions about this and you just can't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]This is also bs, depends on the player. I fold it sometimes but it is very player/situation dependent. I won't fold it in blind battles, and steal/resteal spots.

B1gSexy 11-16-2007 05:45 PM

Some of the hands were against solid, good regulars and looking back, they're just not stacking off with anything less than KK+.

Das Budrick 11-16-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is, do you ever fold KK pre-flop?? How tight does your opponent have to be for you to fold KK??

I've dropped 10 buy-ins in last 3 days running KK into AA and I'm wondering if I should have folded some of them. The problem is none of my opponents were overly tight. Some of them had good, solid stats, but not really tight enough for me to fold. At least I thought so anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

asking this question is too vague without examples, even though the answer is still "don't fold" in 95+% of situations. If you'd like to post <u>specific</u> hands, go ahead and a couple people will type "nh" to make you feel better

TheBad 11-16-2007 05:53 PM

I fold it if the raise is big enough: Villain opens 5BB, i make it 15, he makes it 100 or more -&gt; I might fold. To reduce the variance [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Smart Money 11-16-2007 06:03 PM

Stake and situation dependent of course- but at, say, $1/2, KK is not a hand that you should automatically be wanting to get all in pre for 100BB with.

In a typical "raise, hero 3-bets, villain shoves" scenario- you are -EV to call.