Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   [NL50]JJ on Thigh board. wud u fold here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=443976)

tubasteve 07-06-2007 11:53 AM

Re: [NL50]JJ on Thigh board. wud u fold here?

folding hte turn is really silly after the way the flop played out.

the reason you dont want to 3-bet the flop is because its so dry that you will fold out Tx and only get called/raised by sets.

flyerr 07-06-2007 01:45 PM

ye makes sense tubasteve [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] thx for the comments guys!

danny8 07-06-2007 01:48 PM

guess im a bit wrong in thinking he'll call a 3bet with a T then lol... in that case stack a donk sounds good!

corsakh 07-06-2007 01:48 PM

You need to either fold this on the flop or call him down. I dont understand what your thinking ifolding to a K on the turn, what exactly does that change? I mean AT is a likely holding, K is just a blank.

YesMehFriend 07-06-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to either fold this on the flop or call him down. I dont understand what your thinking ifolding to a K on the turn, what exactly does that change? I mean AT is a likely holding, K is just a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say we have to fold when a K hits I said: "I guess we should check and reevaluate based on board texture + villains action. "
I'm more likely to call down / c/r on a Q/K turn than on an A.
My line was calling the flop and then reevaluating the turn when a A/K/Q/T hits - this doesn't always mean fold - but when villain pushes the rest of his stack into the 24$ pot after the K hit, I doubt that calling would be correct there.
Besides that we can't fully rule out KT imo, it's not too likely but neither is it impossible.

And for the river: do we really c/c there after c/c the turn? I mean will villain bet a weaker hand / bluff again after getting called twice? He needs to hold almost exactly AT for that or maybe I'm just wrong ...

corsakh 07-06-2007 02:22 PM

Your OOP. You can not reevaluate based on his actions. A guy with his stats is going to fire any turn if you show weakness.

sixsixtie 07-06-2007 02:32 PM

If you are gonna three bet for the love of allah don't min3bet. It looks like you crazy ass holes are playing limit

sightless 07-06-2007 03:35 PM

call flop fold turn

skiller3 07-06-2007 04:07 PM

As played, good fold.

As for the correct play on the flop, I'm unsure. I don't like your tiny 3bet. A larger 3bet might be okay in this situation, though, since he is so aggressive postflop.