Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Interesting Hand Yesterday at the Bellagio 100-200 LH (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245945)

karpov 10-26-2006 09:15 PM

Interesting Hand Yesterday at the Bellagio 100-200 LH

Yesterday I played this hand: UTG is Patrik Antonius friend, Patrik was waiting behind him to go to eat, he looks great and relaxed after winning millions online and he is training for his $200.000 tennis match in January against Gus Hansen, so back to the hand. UTG raised, I'm UTG+1 and got A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 3bets, everybody folds to big fish in BB who calls. UTG 4B and I 5Bets, fish calls. Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG bets I 2b fish calls UTG 3b I 4b fish calls UTG 5b, call, call at that point I'm not thinking about KK but top set.
Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and now fish leads!, UTG call in disgust and I call with the nut flush draw.
River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and fish bets again, UTG calls and I call.
Would you have play any different? Who do you think was the winner?

mike l. 10-26-2006 09:29 PM

Re: Interesting Hand Yesterday at the Bellagio 100-200 LH

you need to fold the river.

DeathDonkey 10-26-2006 09:53 PM

I think you played it well. Interesting question is if fish checks turn and UTG leads again. I would still raise. As played I don't think UTG has you beat (maybe tied) so its fish or you who won.

-DeathDonkey

tongni 10-26-2006 10:30 PM

I really think you should fold the river.

andyfox 10-26-2006 11:40 PM

I would say it's most likely fish has the best hand. You might be second, more likely you're tied for second and possibly in third. Heck, fish might have a strangely played big pocket pair and you might even have won or chopped.

I suppose a case can be made for just calling the 3-bet on the flop and then raising the turn when UTG bets, to try to keep from being drawn out on by fish on the river. But he'd probably cold-call two anyway.

WillyT 10-27-2006 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
-Tongni

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
- mike l.

Would you guys mind sharing your hand ranges for the opponents??? I almost want to fold the river too but I wonder if it's a situation where the pot is so big that hand ranges dictate a call.

thanks,

WT

siegfriedandroy 10-27-2006 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
-Tongni

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
- mike l.

Would you guys mind sharing your hand ranges for the opponents??? I almost want to fold the river too but I wonder if it's a situation where the pot is so big that hand ranges dictate a call.

thanks,

WT

[/ QUOTE ]

from my reading, karpov was good, but with an inappropriate tag of uncreative. surely in the top 10, possibly 5, i dont know, cuz im not good

antifish225 10-27-2006 11:05 AM

Getting 20 to 1 and closing the action on the river I am calling this - you are likley not good (I would put BB on either TT or the flush, although would he call 3 preflop with less than a suited A?) - but I think you are good way more than the required 5% (and I think UTG either has KK or QQ or possibly chopping with the other AA) - AF

Bill King 10-27-2006 02:44 PM

would fish smash the turn w/ KsKx? and then hit the river again?

Justin A 10-27-2006 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would fish smash the turn w/ KsKx? and then hit the river again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you putting a fish on that hand?