Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Anyone interested in a Heads-up League? (NLTRN) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346210)

omgwtfnoway 03-05-2007 09:24 PM

Re: Anyone interested in a Heads-up League? (NLTRN)

[ QUOTE ]

If the buyins are small and HHs released, I would be interested...

[/ QUOTE ]

JSchnett 03-05-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I emailed Stars to see if there way a way to set up seeding based matchups in case we do a final tourney at the end of this league and got a huge reply basically summed up by this: "You are now eligible to start host your own tourneys, these are the rules" and did not get my original question answered in any way, shape or form.

Also, if someone is in the midst of setting this up, don't make the selections final, I have two people that would like to join this as well as myself, so don't make any finalized list or whatever. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM the MTT mod Jurollo, he works with PS and can easily get this set up

APXG 03-05-2007 11:15 PM

It would be much easier to play matches w/o a set schedule but instead a weekly mandate where everyone just reports their match whenever its done and it gets recorded w/ no Stars intervention.

ChicagoRy 03-05-2007 11:39 PM

^

I mean for a tourney at the end of the regular "season" or whatever where there would exist pairings (much like NCAA March Madness).

But yea, there's no need for individual two man HU tourneys setup for each match, just play it out, and the site doesn't even really matter (though everyone would need to have money on at least the same site, PS, but could have the option to have it played on another site, pending both players agree).

APXG, I would prefer to have a 3-4 day window in which these matches are played each week, it would be a lot easier for the people who are going to run this and for people to setup match times for the following week.

Mr.JR 03-06-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If the buyins are small and HHs released, I would be interested...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tpt4453 03-06-2007 09:42 AM

i'd be interested in playing, i just started working on heads up play but after reading just a few weeks of the HU forum i can take anyone down [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

slimbob 03-07-2007 05:35 AM

So lots of people are interested but nobody wants to organize it? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

ChicagoRy 03-07-2007 06:11 AM

I figure we could use 2-3 people to organize it. I'll volunteer to be one of them. Anyone else in? Artmonk, it was your idea originally, omfgnoway also mentioned he might be interested in leading this thing. Others?

I think the consensus is a match a week for 10-16 weeks and then a seeding-based tourney at the end of this thing.

Are we doing 5 or 10 dollar games? Everyone seems to want them to be low buyin.

I would imagine everybody would want these to be regular length, not turbos.

Best of 3 during the "regular" season?

Crispy Bacon 03-07-2007 07:35 AM

I'll volunteer to be an organiser if needed

slimbob 03-07-2007 08:48 AM

Best of 3 is too time consuming. I think one tournament is enough.