Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA blind battle vs. lagtard (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512297)

Halstad 09-30-2007 05:51 AM

AA blind battle vs. lagtard

Villain is 50/25/2.3 - 350
After I 3-bet the turn I'm pretty much committed unless I see another queen or club...correct?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $47.87
CO: $290.94
Button: $111.44
Hero: $205.35
BB: $214.30

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $42</font>, BB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($93, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $60</font>, BB calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($213, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $98.85

therealpk 09-30-2007 05:58 AM

Re: AA blind battle vs. lagtard

um, i could be wrong, but i think AA is only bullet proof before the flop. what worse hand do you think is minraising flop, calling your 3-bet, and calling your turn bet?

JackAll 09-30-2007 06:06 AM

Yeah, this is tough 200bb's deep.

I can't see a problem with any street though. I might flat calls the flop raise, but Once you 3-b the flop, you have to play the rest of the hand as you did. River is push or c/f cuz c/c sux, so yea I think it's fine if you 3-b the flop like this

Halstad 09-30-2007 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
um, i could be wrong, but i think AA is only bullet proof before the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely agree. Any advice on how I should have played it?

[ QUOTE ]
what worse hand do you think is minraising flop, calling your 3-bet, and calling your turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
AQ, KQ, QJ, T9, 96, 76, any flush draw

JackAll 10-01-2007 05:42 AM

I guess you could call his flop rz and b/f turn is the other option. If you flat call flop, do NOT check turn oop.

Kilillan 10-01-2007 05:48 AM

this is how Id play it, doesnt make it correct however

Daddy Warbucks 10-01-2007 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
um, i could be wrong, but i think AA is only bullet proof before the flop. what worse hand do you think is minraising flop, calling your 3-bet, and calling your turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? Look at villains stats. Villain takes this line with any queen, any flush draw, T9. Thats a huge range, and this is an easy value town. I might check river to induce a bluff though, as thats a pretty safe card.

futuredoc85 10-01-2007 07:05 AM

played well on all streets

ikestoys 10-01-2007 10:37 AM

against this villain you are going to lose some/win some...

its thin, but still +ev imo

Fousekis 10-01-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? Look at villains stats. Villain takes this line with any queen, any flush draw, T9. Thats a huge range, and this is an easy value town. I might check river to induce a bluff though, as thats a pretty safe card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly because of villain's stats I do not like this line. He is not a complete donk that just calls a lot and never raises, he has 25PFR. Yes, fine, he can be min-raising the flop with pretty much anything, but he is not calling that 4bet with a club draw ...

Personally I don't like defining my hand, so I would not 4bet the flop. Yes, he might be getting away cheaply with drawing to his flush, but I am extracting value from when he misses and from a hand like AQ, KQ.

The way it was played I'm getting stacked off to any random two pair or set and I am rarely getting AQ/KQ to call me down.

So to sum up, I would call his flop re-raise and re-evaluate turn. If he checks I'm pretty sure I have the best hand, if he bets hard I'd be a bit worried but probably call.