Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

GetThere1Time 03-28-2007 01:14 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

[0] Bluffblank
[0] boiler_bd
[0] Chuckleslovakian voted for Dusting
[0] Durron597
[2] Dusting
[0] Econophile
[0] Fcbl voted for Jaredl
[0] Fmxda voted for Lastchance
[1] iron_yuppie voted for Sighing
<font color="red"> [5] Jaredl </font>
[0] Jeremy517
[0] Kbar13
[0] Kumubou
[0] Kyrosmother
[1] Lastchance voted for Tiedup14
[0] Luckayluck voted for Thebram
[0] Madtown
[0] mark_k
[0] Mdorand voted for Jaredl
[0] Metsandfinsfan
[0] Nez477 voted for Jaredl
[0] Shortline99 voted for iron_yuppie
[1] Sighing
[1] Thebram
[1] Tiedup14 voted for Jaredl
[0] Traz
[0] Voj voted for Jaredl
[0] Wdcbooks
[0] Xoom
[0] Zurvan voted for Dusting

lastchance 03-28-2007 01:14 PM

1) Shortline is ridiculously FPS (and I have no clue what he was thinking with his wolf suspects yesterday, urgh).
2) Anyone who night-kills dmk isn't operating on L1. Who the hell kills dmk?

LuckayLuck 03-28-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) Anyone who night-kills dmk isn't operating on L1. Who the hell kills dmk?

[/ QUOTE ]
people who thought he dropped a seer hint yesterday?
duh?

I gotta read that of course

traz 03-28-2007 01:15 PM

Everyone seems to be reaching and going in random tangents. Sighing needs to die tonight, and then Nez

traz 03-28-2007 01:16 PM

vote sighing

FCBLComish 03-28-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems to be reaching and going in random tangents. Sighing needs to die tonight, and then Nez

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to get a Nez wagon going twice. It was a wagon of one.

LuckayLuck 03-28-2007 01:17 PM

wtf nez?

Theory: traz is a wolf, pushing sighing
Theory2: sighing is a wolf, because traz is a wolf

LuckayLuck 03-28-2007 01:18 PM

sighing

chuckleslovakian 03-28-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf nez?

[/ QUOTE ]

So out of this theory, you choose to vote sighing? WTF?

traz 03-28-2007 01:20 PM

Wouldn't you vote me if you really believed all that? lol

traz 03-28-2007 01:20 PM

damn it chuckles

chuckleslovakian 03-28-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn it chuckles

[/ QUOTE ]
ninjaed

LuckayLuck 03-28-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf nez?

[/ QUOTE ]

So out of this theory, you choose to vote sighing? WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
sighing gives more information based on the bandwagons and stuff

lastchance 03-28-2007 01:21 PM

Theory 3: Shortline isn't wrong about traz (please don't be wrong about traz).

sighing

Traz, is this just because he got saved from lynch twice now?

FCBLComish 03-28-2007 01:23 PM

Traz, please read me. Am I a villager?

traz 03-28-2007 01:23 PM

yes you're a villager

traz 03-28-2007 01:24 PM

and sighing is a great kill because he's been incredibly wolfie AND he's had failed wagons. That's a dynamo combo

FCBLComish 03-28-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes you're a villager

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that was fast.

wdcbooks 03-28-2007 01:25 PM

Jared is doing a lot better at sounding like a villager after almost being lynched. He also did not sound like a wolf last night when he was on the verge of dying. He is still a suspect, but he has slipped back in the list.

I find Zurvan's argument the most compelling and I believe Dustin is the best vote for today.

FCBLComish 03-28-2007 01:25 PM

Vote Sighing

Sorry KM.

lastchance 03-28-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Traz, please read me. Am I a villager?

[/ QUOTE ]
Simply asking this question is villagery.

traz 03-28-2007 01:26 PM

I can't even recall one post of dustin's. This is how I feel about half the field...seriously, if you're a villager, it's your responsibility to make it known

lastchance 03-28-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and sighing is a great kill because he's been incredibly wolfie AND he's had failed wagons. That's a dynamo combo

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see the wolfyness. And it probably doesn't matter, but eh.. Traz, minding showing us the wolfyness?

traz 03-28-2007 01:28 PM

search for sighing and adventure, gl hf

lastchance 03-28-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
search for sighing and adventure, gl hf

[/ QUOTE ]
Doh.

metsandfinsfan 03-28-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could see a villager using the vote addition power against aaron, if they were sure he was a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

A villager wasting a power like that this early in the game (and being "SURE" of a wolf no less!!!) is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in WW

I'm going to assume that it was used by an evil character (that didnt know that the fact the power was used would be revealed), and thus Jared seems to be the clear wolf

[/ QUOTE ]

How would using it last night be "wasting" it? In fact, what other use would a vote addition have than to push your candidate out of reach of a vote buy? If Jared &amp; aaron are both villagers, the wolves buy a Jared lynch every time, and get a nearly guaranteed villager lynch today, right?

When should the vote add be used? If it's a seer peeked wolf (the only sure wolf), then it's useless because there's a pile on. Close vote situations are what those sorts of things are designed for. I'd much rather have a villager making that choice than the wolves vote buying their chosen lynch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with tiedup
a villager probably would not have used a vote buy yesterday, because with everyone having a random # of votes counting, we had no idea who was getting lynched .. so using a 1 vote switch as a villager seems pointless imo

sighing 03-28-2007 01:36 PM

Not going to be able to post much today, maybe later in the evening.. skimmed today's posts.

From the movement last night, I doubt that was a three-villager bandwagon, so Jared is my obvious vote. I didn't do that vote buy power that was reported, though I would have if I'd had that power.

traz, how exactly have I been incredibly wolfy, other than "all my posts in the thread"?

traz 03-28-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
traz, how exactly have I been incredibly wolfy, other than "all my posts in the thread"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people continually ask me these questions, as if somehow I have learned how to explain my reads

Zurvan 03-28-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with tiedup
a villager probably would not have used a vote buy yesterday, because with everyone having a random # of votes counting, we had no idea who was getting lynched .. so using a 1 vote switch as a villager seems pointless imo /quote]

Not a vote buy, a vote add. They posted the people with extra votes, it takes only a minute to see that aaron was 1 vote ahead of Jared after the adjustments. So anyone that was interested (such as someone with an extra power that could influence the lynch) could determine who would go.

I just don't understand why the wolves would use a one time power there instead of the permanent vote buy power.

wdcbooks 03-28-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could see a villager using the vote addition power against aaron, if they were sure he was a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

A villager wasting a power like that this early in the game (and being "SURE" of a wolf no less!!!) is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in WW

I'm going to assume that it was used by an evil character (that didnt know that the fact the power was used would be revealed), and thus Jared seems to be the clear wolf

[/ QUOTE ]

How would using it last night be "wasting" it? In fact, what other use would a vote addition have than to push your candidate out of reach of a vote buy? If Jared &amp; aaron are both villagers, the wolves buy a Jared lynch every time, and get a nearly guaranteed villager lynch today, right?

When should the vote add be used? If it's a seer peeked wolf (the only sure wolf), then it's useless because there's a pile on. Close vote situations are what those sorts of things are designed for. I'd much rather have a villager making that choice than the wolves vote buying their chosen lynch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with tiedup
a villager probably would not have used a vote buy yesterday, because with everyone having a random # of votes counting, we had no idea who was getting lynched .. so using a 1 vote switch as a villager seems pointless imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, but here is the problem. I use the vote buy as a wolf either way. So if there are two villagers in Jared and Aaron I try to buy a Jared lynch to make Aaron look bad. If Jared is a wolf I buy votes away from him.

What bothers me is what the wolves might have thought. If they knew it would be announced they used the power in thread they might have done something very different than if they thought it would remain hidden.

Zurvan 03-28-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I agree with tiedup
a villager probably would not have used a vote buy yesterday, because with everyone having a random # of votes counting, we had no idea who was getting lynched .. so using a 1 vote switch as a villager seems pointless imo /quote]

Not a vote buy, a vote add. They posted the people with extra votes, it takes only a minute to see that aaron was 1 vote ahead of Jared after the adjustments. So anyone that was interested (such as someone with an extra power that could influence the lynch) could determine who would go.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just don't understand why the wolves would use a one time power there instead of the permanent vote buy power.

Mark_K 03-28-2007 01:40 PM

Vote Jaredl

Was a good vote yesterday, is still a good vote today. Especially the way the Aaron support showed up at the end..

I'm liking Nez's posts more and more. Nice Vote order post Nez. Thanks.

I'm not sure if I like Durrons ribit's silenced or not but I do know that with them silenced, I've saved myself the pain of translating Morse code all day. I think a decent compromise would have been to limit communicate to just YES/NO type answers. However, the lower total day post count is nice too.

On the group event, I'm voting page 88

wdcbooks 03-28-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't even recall one post of dustin's. This is how I feel about half the field...seriously, if you're a villager, it's your responsibility to make it known

[/ QUOTE ]

Traz, I agree with this 100%. I also think it is the ultimate pot . . . kettle situation. What exactly makes you a villager? I don't particularly think you are a wolf, but there is really nothing I could point to that would indicate otherwise.

metsandfinsfan 03-28-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some concerns have been raised about ribbiting.

So you all get an extra vote today, just an in-thread poll. Choose your own toad.

[/ QUOTE ]

poll isnt fair because the wolves prob would say ribbits are no g00t and villagers prob say they are

wdcbooks 03-28-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So you all get an extra vote today, just an in-thread poll. Choose your own toad.

[/ QUOTE ]

poll isnt fair because the wolves prob would say ribbits are no g00t and villagers prob say they are

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a villager and voted against ribbiting. I just don't want to spend half the day trying to communicate with Durron like he is Helen Keller.

lastchance 03-28-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wolves have permanent vote buy? Please zurvan, tell us more.

traz 03-28-2007 01:42 PM

Honestly wdc, I'm a more high profile player, so my posts are more likely to be read, and players are more able to make a decision on me.

For some of the more low-key players, they need to stick out of the crowd themselves.

lastchance 03-28-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a villager and voted against ribbiting. I just don't want to spend half the day trying to communicate with Durron like he is Helen Keller.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

traz 03-28-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted against ribbits and I'm not a wolf. It's just lame...if he's supposed to be silenced, he should have to stfu. Plus I don't want to read a thread full of toad pictures and croaks

traz 03-28-2007 01:43 PM

damn it, too slow again