Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good Trade or Fanboyism?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387573)

Bremen 04-24-2007 09:52 PM

Good Trade or Fanboyism??

I'm in a 5 team rotisserie league (playing against 4 clueless cards fans, heh). Also losses and OPS are used for scoring (this is how I rationalized this trade as a good one).

Anyway, I was offered Chase Utley for Brandon Webb. At second I already have Cano (I figure he will have a big year) and on the bench Chipper Jones, Jeff Kent, and Furcal. So I'll be ablre to cherry pick matchups.

So what do you think? Are the diamondback's bad enough that I want to jettison Webb to avoid losses? I still have time to cancel the trade so please tell me how dumb I am!!

btw, other pitchers are Sabathia, Hamels (god I love him), Chris Young, Pettitte, Jered Weaver, and King Felix(DL). Since its only 5 teams there are lots of very good pitchers still avail... Hudson, Maine, Rich Hill, Lily etc etc

Degenerasian 04-24-2007 10:33 PM

Re: Good Trade or Fanboyism??

Rich Hill is still on waivers? I know it's a 5 man league, but cut someone goddamit! lol

stormstarter28 04-24-2007 10:41 PM

Since you have Cano I think this is a terrible trade.

NT! 04-24-2007 10:44 PM

awful trade

THAY3R 04-25-2007 12:17 AM

I'd do it.

Utley's value is greater the smaller the league is. Just stream SP's, seems like you could pick up an SP with a great matchup once or twice a day.

Bremen 04-25-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just stream SP's, seems like you could pick up an SP with a great matchup once or twice a day.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been doing this. I think half my wins are against PIT/KC/WAS :0)

Really my problem is I have nowhere to play Utley. Its not like Utley is a huge upgrade over Cano. So that leaves the util spot where I've been playing mostly chipper, that spot is a wash as well. So I'm not upgrading my hitting (much) while definitly hurting my pitching. I really shouldn't have had to ask this.

THAY3R 04-25-2007 01:17 AM

Utley is a huge upgrade over Cano, and if you don't think so why did you trade for him?

Scary_Tiger 04-25-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Utley is a huge upgrade over Cano, and if you don't think so why did you trade for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

CardSharpCook 04-25-2007 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Utley avrage draft pick was #7 on ESPN. Webb was 50. Cripes. Get Utley then trade him for a better pitcher than Webb if you must, but get Utley on your team.

Bremen 04-25-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I'm wearing a shirt with his name on the back :0)