Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Define "Donkey" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547299)

PenisCreamus 11-16-2007 12:07 AM

Define \"Donkey\"

I have always thought that a Donkey is a farm animal with 4 legs and an abnormally prodigious penis. Now I am told it is a "bad" poker player. That would explain why that guy on Full Tilt called me a donkey when I went all in on a flush draw and won the pot. Then I was like "BIG BOMB KABOOOOM!!!" Good day.

GoCobbers95 11-16-2007 01:56 AM

Re: Define \"Donkey\"

X post this in BBV. They will hate you.

thrasher789 11-16-2007 03:03 AM

Donkey is really usually used by a player you just sucked out on when they were at an advantage to win the pot, in other words you played bad and still got their money. Most good players will call generally bad players 'fish', it's usually only when they get pissed at you they call you a [censored] donk

iheartponeez 11-16-2007 06:52 AM

You have AJ, flop comes AJ4. You bet, villain calls. Turn is a 9. You bet, he calls, River is a 5. You bet, he shoves, you call. He flips over 55 for a set. You say, "Stupid donkey."

And that's how donkeys are made.

HitMe1Time 11-16-2007 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have AJ, flop comes AJ4. You bet, villain calls. Turn is a 9. You bet, he calls, River is a 5. You bet, he shoves, you call. He flips over 55 for a set. You say, "Stupid donkey."

And that's how donkeys are made.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a reason he posted in beginner forum, dont give smart ass remarks here.

A donkey is somebody, who just plays basically any 2, or more any 2 sooted. They don't like to raise alot with there sooted cards, because they want to get a cheap flop. It takes them so long to get payed off there probably down like 3 b/c of how many times they throw money away.

EX. you have AA and you raise, donk calls.

Flop: 4 7 10, you bet, donkey raises, you push.

And the obv. he had 10 4 soooted.

GrumpyB 11-16-2007 08:41 AM

When searching the archives for good advice I have found many posts that recommend good table selection. But none of them seem to cover how to insult a table full of fish until they all swim away. Why is that? It seems to be standard practice at a lot of the tables I find.

[Me, I prefer to say 'nh' or 'wp' and hope that he thinks that calling a pot sized bet with a non-nut flush draw on the river is a smart move next time too.]

Doc T River 11-16-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always thought that a Donkey is a farm animal with 4 legs and an abnormally prodigious penis. Now I am told it is a "bad" poker player. That would explain why that guy on Full Tilt called me a donkey when I went all in on a flush draw and won the pot. Then I was like "BIG BOMB KABOOOOM!!!" Good day.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder people call me a three legged donkey. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sir Folds A Lot 11-16-2007 05:30 PM

In most of these examples, the donkey is the winner. I thought a donkey is just a player who makes dumb moves like pushing with low pair or chasing a flush. Is the difference between a Donk and a fish whether they win or lose? If so how did the term "donked off his/her/my chips" come about.

PJo336 11-16-2007 08:34 PM

ALL IN!!! just like doyle!! ALL IN!!! BIG BOMB KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

i like it, it fits with my title

Lansingg 11-16-2007 09:33 PM

im a donkey!