Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Getting the Highest Grade on Midterms/Finals (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539271)

schundler 11-05-2007 10:00 PM

Getting the Highest Grade on Midterms/Finals

brag: have done it on 2 of the 3 tests I've had so far this semester

brag: no curve

beat: in a brutal downswing (mostly live) in poker

One Outer 11-05-2007 10:04 PM

Re: Getting the Highest Grade on Midterms/Finals

Can I share your thread?

brag: one of the top three scores on my philosophy midterm (25 people in class, I got a 95 and for all I know I could be first)

brag: A on history midterm

brag: A- on religion midterm. This may be the biggest brag as prof is notoriously hard grader.

beat: C on biology midterm. I don't really care, though. It's just a requirement and I only need to pass. Last semester of college, GPA already goot, can't get worked up over it.

schundler 11-05-2007 10:10 PM

sure.

yeah mine was A/A- in Poli Sci midterm(prof has weird grading system, it means better than an A- but not quite an A), tied with one other dude for best in class

and A in a Core/Philosophy midterm. the prof announced that I had the highest grade and the class clapped imo

Barretboy 11-05-2007 10:10 PM

Beat: 73 on my Advanced Accounting Midterm

Brag: 94 on my Multinational Accounting Exam

Brag: 100 on my Management of Information Systems Exam

Beat: Class

Brag: College

EricLindros 11-06-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
C
brag: A- on religion midterm. This may be the biggest brag as prof is notoriously hard grader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: Religion courses in general. (theology specifically)

DannyOcean_ 11-06-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

beat: accounting. My roommate and many friends are accounting majors. blech. econ ftw.

Dan87 11-06-2007 12:45 AM

Brag: B on my english paper. a B in english is pretty good imo, I remember seeing the grades for one of my english classes there were 2 A's and 3 A-s in the 100 person, I got an A- GG

DannyOcean_ 11-06-2007 12:46 AM

BRAG: Calc II - 93 + 99 2 exams
BRAG: Econ Theory of Org. - Highest grade in class
BEAT: Probly gonna get a B+ in stat, and this teacher's avg GPA is 3.9 on our key. I might be the only one in the class without A/A-. I feel retarded.
BRAG: Marketing 95 + 102 2 exams.

also, class is easily the worst part of college.

ghostface 11-06-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

beat: accounting. My roommate and many friends are accounting majors. blech. econ ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll want a new job after like 2 years

Barretboy 11-06-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll want a new job after like 2 years

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but by then I'll be making 70k wherever I go.

ghostface 11-06-2007 12:52 AM

i meant danny

Himself 11-06-2007 12:52 AM

Class sucks. I tend to just skip it altogether.

ghostface 11-06-2007 12:54 AM

i used to do that. my gpa dropped .5 last year [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i started going again.

pnazari 11-06-2007 01:14 AM

Going to lectures helps a ton. First and second year i went to a total of ~20 lectures. Id go to first and last lectures and a few in between if I was struggling. Only four or five As on midterms/exams 1st and 2nd yr. This year Ive missed 1 lecture. Midterms this year so far:

origins: A+
Metabolism: A+
protein crystallography/EM: A
Econ:A-
Anthro: A-

moral of the story? go to lectures.

One Outer 11-06-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: Religion courses in general. (theology specifically)

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag: not religion courses at my college.

the one I'm in now is actually pretty good. jewish ethics. it's my fourth religion course and if I knew I was going to end up being so interested I would have made it a minor.

One Outer 11-06-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Class sucks. I tend to just skip it altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it either but I'm talented and run good in life to the point where I can get those grades just by going to class. So I don't do any of the reading and spend all day on 2p2. So that's a....

brag: wicked talented to the point where I don't have to do the reading.

ADLinden 11-06-2007 01:17 AM

Beat: got 2 high Cs on my first 2 midterms in geology.

Brag: still easily have an A because class is retarded.

Barretboy 11-06-2007 01:17 AM

more like gelology. AMIRITEHIGHFIVE!

Dan87 11-06-2007 01:19 AM

apparently everyone in BBV4L is in the top % of university students. Based on the average subject matter of threads, I think this is plausible. brb gotta get some taco bell

vhawk01 11-06-2007 01:23 AM

Brag: above class average in Pharmacology, Microbiology/Immunology, and Pathology.

Beat: Just barely
Beat: school is [censored] hard
Beat: LOL at my debt, could have had a Gallardo and like a 2BR house.

One Outer 11-06-2007 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
apparently everyone in BBV4L is in the top % of university students. Based on the average subject matter of threads, I think this is plausible. brb gotta get some taco bell

[/ QUOTE ]

liking gambling, lolcats and talking about boobies does NOT mean that I can't also enjoy Rousseau and/or Talmudic interpretation.

Suck it, bro.

ghostface 11-06-2007 01:27 AM

brag: middle of my pro golf management class

sck it

Dan87 11-06-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

liking gambling, lolcats and talking about boobies does NOT mean that I can't also enjoy Rousseau and/or Talmudic interpretation.

Suck it, bro.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just got owned and/or humiliated.

forshure 11-06-2007 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate econ and accy. Fin ftw

Himself 11-06-2007 01:34 AM

I don't read or go to class. I'm also not in the top of my class, but I get good enough grades. Tbh, I should go, it's not like I do anything else, but it's hard for me to care about an A vs. a B.

popeye18 11-06-2007 01:36 AM

I got a 100% on my anthropology midterm. We had about 25-30 stories we were supposed to read and i read like 15 of them. There were at least 3-4 questions on stories i didnt read that i guessed on. I kick ass.

forshure 11-06-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't read or go to class. I'm also not in the top of my class, but I get good enough grades. Tbh, I should go, it's not like I do anything else, but it's hard for me to care about an A vs. a B.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think ive read a single book in college. I got back a book report in one class today 100/100, did not read. Talked with other people in the class all who read their books and were talking about how they all got like 80s and how those who broke ninety did well.

One Outer 11-06-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think ive read a single book in college. I got back a book report in one class today 100/100, did not read. Talked with other people in the class all who read their books and were talking about how they all got like 80s and how those who broke ninety did well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same story for me in philosophy. I don't get other people. wft is so hard about this?

Himself 11-06-2007 01:40 AM

Most people in college are like, dumb and stuff.

pnazari 11-06-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, how do you write a book report w/out reading the book?

Himself 11-06-2007 01:41 AM

Nice level.

forshure 11-06-2007 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Table of contents/covers.

schundler 11-06-2007 01:46 AM

lol, a book report? in college?

The main character of LOL Donkaments is Jimmy Collins. Jimmy lives in Southern Kentucky. Jimmy's father is a garbageman and his mother is the town whore, imo. etc etc.

you do that?

popeye18 11-06-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My last "book report" i just kinda skimmed the book(15 minutes maybe), picked a few good quotes, and analyzed them in depth. I got a 95. Of course this is an entry level class.

One Outer 11-06-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Google, or cliffs notes

Dan87 11-06-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The main character of LOL Donkaments is Jimmy Collins. Jimmy lives in Southern Kentucky. Jimmy's father is a garbageman and his mother is the town whore, imo. etc etc.

you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about book report, but I know often you get assigned something to read and have to write on a topic which requires you to have read the assigned work. EG in history I had to write an essay about poverty in industrialized Britain and had to incorporate Road to Wigan Pier.

In arts classes the higher you get the more liberty you have with essay topics though.

schundler 11-06-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about book report, but I know often you get assigned something to read and have to write on a topic which requires you to have read the assigned work. EG in history I had to write an essay about poverty in industrialized Britain and had to incorporate Road to Wigan Pier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah definitely, I've had plenty of papers like this. Never a book report.

pnazari 11-06-2007 02:04 AM

meh, im unfamiliar with essay-based courses and I have to write one for this ethnography im reading. god i hate writing essays sooo much.

kylephilly 11-06-2007 10:36 AM

brag: graduated

Kimbell175113 11-06-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
brag: graduated

[/ QUOTE ]
this is so not a brag