Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I play like a girl (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536805)

NinaWilliams 11-02-2007 09:15 AM

I play like a girl

Button is 33/22/3 and not horrible. Sb is loose and likes to donk from what ive seen so far. Anyone raise the turn or river?

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero

Oink 11-02-2007 09:24 AM

Re: I play like a girl

Nh

If I raise anywhere its on the river when a SD is cheaper to reach for his pp's, its easier for me to fold to a 3-bet and my line looks the most like BS.

numbnuts007 11-02-2007 12:28 PM

I don't think I raise at all, but if I do it's on the river. The trouble with raising is that I don't think I can lay it down to a 3 bet against an aggressive opponent like this. Plus, if this guy doesn't have a queen he is often barreling with nothing and will fold to a raise. If he does have a queen I think we all know what happens. I say call.

Tryptamean 11-02-2007 12:52 PM

I would just go ahead and raise/calldown the turn. I like the flop play because button is probably drawing very slim. After he gets out of there, I think you pass up too much value by not raising the turn. This will be a flush draw or small pp very often imo. Unless you have seem him make this play with air into a preflop 3bettor, he will have something that's at least seeing the river, if not showing down a lot. Since he is relatively unknown, I cannot fold this hand to a 3bet.

Absolution 11-02-2007 12:56 PM

I play it like this as well. This guy looks decent, which lowers the value of a raise in my opinion. He might be doing this with A high or a small pp, but he will probably fold those to any raise.

Tryptamean 11-02-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it like this as well. This guy looks decent, which lowers the value of a raise in my opinion. He might be doing this with A high or a small pp, but he will probably fold those to any raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
stats belong to button who folded the flop

Absolution 11-02-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yaaaa, okay, I am like the raise more then. This line is a small pp a lot of the time. They will call a river raise too because your line is strange and people don't like to fold.

JerBear77 11-02-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yaaaa, okay, I am like the raise more then. This line is a small pp a lot of the time. They will call a river raise too because your line is strange and people don't like to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the best value play is a raise on the river, if he's bluffing all the way he will fold to the raise but we don't want him to stop firing. Plus this line looses the least to a Q.

Tryptamean 11-02-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the best value play is a raise on the river, if he's bluffing all the way he will fold to the raise but we don't want him to stop firing. Plus this line looses the least to a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]
so you guys are actually going to raise/fold the river vs a loose unknown flop donker?

HerbieGRD 11-02-2007 01:32 PM

I think we should raise/call the turn here. Guy donking that flop and betting the turn has a flushdraw, mid pocket pair, or a 3 way more than he has a queen and a player like you describe will call (or even possibly 3-bet) all of those hands on the turn and will likely pay off a river bet with any pair because you obviously have a flush draw yourself.

Just calling down on this board is leaving lots of money on the table IMO