Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Antonio The Magician (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539898)

TheFuGu 11-06-2007 06:36 PM

Re: Antonio The Magician .... which is the measure of the man ?

Yeah he got staked think Laak would have a big chunk and a few others. It would be such a good investment given that line up. Seriously if I could I would like a big chunk of him. He is probably in the top 3 players in that game.

However he is still a fkn toolbox. Why try so hard?

KamiKatze 11-06-2007 06:38 PM

[x] Unable to take eyes off Arnold_O's avatar.

[x] do.
[x] want.

Antonio's OK, he's just happy to be there.

The 13th 4postle 11-06-2007 06:46 PM

I think Antonio is really chill. I'd love to hang out with him and Phil Laak for a weekend. They are probably the coolest two guys on the show.

Regarding his play with Top Set...There were three spades on the board how much do you want him to bet you a-holes, it's 500 thousand dollars. He played it like he should have. Its a hand that donks stack off every day.

pnazari 11-06-2007 06:53 PM

how can doyle lay down that flush v. jamie? has he been watching previous episodes/years?

inyourface 11-06-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There were three spades on the board how much do you want him to bet you a-holes

[/ QUOTE ]

There were no spades on the board preflop when he limped in

a-hole

MatthijsH 11-06-2007 07:09 PM

Yeah limping Aces in EP is CRAZY!!!!! Especially in that game.....

The 13th 4postle 11-06-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There were three spades on the board how much do you want him to bet you a-holes

[/ QUOTE ]

There were no spades on the board preflop when he limped in

a-hole

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping in with AA is not a bad play in cash games and it will often make more money when you do limp in with it because your opponents will not expect it. You should mostly raise with it pre-flop but limping is a good way to mix up your play.

Double a-hole

Astyanax 11-06-2007 07:16 PM

He seems like a good guy. He Has some good table banter and as someone earlier said he never gives anyone a rubdown.

Fwiw I think he is a phenomenal player abd his life story is interesting to say the least and would win the comp for 'worst bankroll management', as per the other thread as to how he built his bankroll...

Nut4Dawgs 11-06-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can doyle lay down that flush v. jamie? has he been watching previous episodes/years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Earlier, Doyle commented that he hadn't watched any of the show. Believe him or don't.

Kaplan commented that "back in the day," when Doyle was on the road, nobody in a cash game would make the play Gold did if he didn't have the hand. Maybe Doyle just lapsed back into his old style. I blew beer through my nose when he mucked.

Pokerpun 11-06-2007 07:42 PM

If Doyle has not watched the old shows to get abetter read on the other players then that shows why other younger , hungrier players (lik antonio) will have an edge on him.