Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Getting desired perscriptions without insurance? Post your stories (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455470)

Belok 07-19-2007 07:19 PM

Getting desired perscriptions without insurance? Post your stories

Well, I'm a professional poker player, and I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on an adderall prescription.

I'm not talking about lying or defrauding the system here or anything. I've certainly had the symptoms since I was a kid, but luckily for me, my parents made me deal with it, and I've pretty much learned to live with my very fickle wandering mind.

But - I'm getting to a point in life where I need to stop dicking around and playing enough poker to pay the bills/taxes/save. It's time to start saving more, getting back into college, eventually a real job, etc. And I'm 100% sure I dont have the attention span or consistency to stick with a school schedule. Basically, I've been able to get by on poker these past 3 years because...if its 8am and I'm motivated, I can play...or if it's 4pm...or if it's 4am. I can find enough focused hours in the day to get things done... But if it's on someone else's schedule (school) I see myself quickly screwing it all up. I was always terrible at school.

I've been given adderall a few times by friends - and it is freakin MAGIC. I would take it once a week (on monday) to get the week started off right, and usually put in 10-12 completely focused hours of poker. This is my A-B game too.

I jokingly started referring to them as thousand-dollar-pills.

Anyway...I'm rambling...

How do I convince someone to give me an adderall prescription without health insurance? Getting insurance is not an option - I'm too skinny and no company is willing to cover me. I've tried 3 companies, and after watching Sicko, I'm pretty much determined to stay healthy for a year until I can move to Canada....

Rambling again...

How do i get adderall?

Or if you have experience getting some other drug without insurance, post your story and I'm sure it will benefit some reader [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

XXXNoahXXX 07-19-2007 07:31 PM

Re: Getting desired perscriptions without insurance? Post your storie

get health insurance. if you can't afford it, you shouldn't be a "poker pro".

Belok 07-19-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt read the post?
I'm too skinny
I cannot get health insurance
nobody will cover me
end of story

Eaglesfan1 07-19-2007 09:52 PM

Re: Getting desired perscriptions without insurance? Post your stories

How skinny is too skinny?

mbillie1 07-19-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How skinny is too skinny?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know this as well... I'm 5'10" like 150-155 (pretty damn skinny) and I've never been denied health insurance...

NT! 07-19-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt read the post?
I'm too skinny
nobody will cover me
end of story

[/ QUOTE ]

eat more?

Belok 07-19-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt read the post?
I'm too skinny
nobody will cover me
end of story

[/ QUOTE ]

eat more?

[/ QUOTE ]
6'4 125 and I eat more than my preggo gf

"eat more" isnt that simple of a solution. I'd pretty much have to train hard to eat enough to start gaining.

This thread is about getting prescriptions without insurance...nobody has any experience or ideas? Aside from the obvious "buy it off of some college kid".

leehrat 07-19-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt read the post?
I'm too skinny
nobody will cover me
end of story

[/ QUOTE ]

eat more?

[/ QUOTE ]

"eat more" isnt that simple of a solution. I'd pretty much have to train hard to eat enough to start gaining.

This thread is about getting prescriptions without insurance...nobody has any experience or ideas? Aside from the obvious "buy it off of some college kid".

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you [censored] retarded? If you're concerned with your lack of weight, the last thing you need is adderall. I'd recommend a steady diet of benzos, food, and beer. And if you're smoking, cut that out, as well.

NT! 07-19-2007 10:03 PM

so you are freakishly thin and want to start taking stimulant drugs? great idea

TreyWilly 07-19-2007 10:05 PM

I would reconsider Adderall if you have a weight problem. I've taken Ritalin LA for a month, and dropped about five pounds. Food doesn't interest me. It's hard to explain.

With this said, I have no idea how you would go about obtaining Adderall without a script. I guess you'll have to find a dealer, just like with other drugs.

Belok 07-19-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt read the post?
I'm too skinny
nobody will cover me
end of story

[/ QUOTE ]

eat more?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you [censored] retarded? If you're concerned with your lack of weight, the last thing you need is adderall. I'd recommend a steady diet of benzos, food, and beer. And if you're smoking, cut that out, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dont smoke
Plenty of food and beer
Im never sick, Im not worried about my lack of weight, I'm worried about my work ethic effecting my future career (i dont want to be a grinder forever)

Why do OOTers always turn a thread into an OP bash? Seriously...can anybody contribute?

mbillie1 07-19-2007 10:06 PM

w/o insurance it's going to be way too expensive to get it legally even if you can find some hack to prescribe it to you. just find someone who gets the pills but doesn't like taking them, befriend that person and buy/bum the pills from them.

KOTLP 07-19-2007 10:08 PM

How is having health insurance relevant to obtaining a prescription? I was without insurance for years and never had a problem (other than paying way too damn much).

Belok 07-19-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
w/o insurance it's going to be way too expensive to get it legally even if you can find some hack to prescribe it to you. just find someone who gets the pills but doesn't like taking them, befriend that person and buy/bum the pills from them.

[/ QUOTE ]
The $ isnt an issue. I can afford a 300$ psychiatrist visit and a 60$ bottle of pills if that's the solution.
$ is the least of my worries

NT! 07-19-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why do OOTers always turn a thread into an OP bash? Seriously...can anybody contribute?

[/ QUOTE ]

because most of the time when someone posts a question in an OOT thread they are a huge idiot?

you are about to have a kid and you don't have health insurance. that's great. i hope your woman does, at least.

either gain weight or get a job that gives you coverage. it's idiotic to have a kid and not have health insurance. period. you're an idiot.

it's also idiotic to take stimulant drugs when your metabolism and weight are already clearly [censored] up.

Forbin 07-19-2007 10:09 PM

Having insurance is not a requirement for prescription drugs. You can go see a doctor and ask him to write you a prescription for it. You just pay for the visit(s) out of your own pocket. The same thing goes for the prescription itself.

It will cost you more than if you had insurance, but probably less than you've saved by not having insurance for a while.

mbillie1 07-19-2007 10:10 PM

lol $60 / bottle, good luck dude, prescription drugs are sick expensive. $200-300/30 days (1/2 bottle) is not unrealistic for some drugs. check the retail price on adderall (you'll def want a generic brand, which will retail for less)... $60/bottle is what you'd pay with health insurance

NT! 07-19-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The $ isnt an issue. I can afford a 300$ psychiatrist visit and a 60$ bottle of pills if that's the solution.
$ is the least of my worries

[/ QUOTE ]

then go to a psychiatrist and get diagnosed and go get the pills. you may have to go to a GP to get referred to a psychiatrist, or you might not.

leehrat 07-19-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt read the post?
I'm too skinny
nobody will cover me
end of story

[/ QUOTE ]

eat more?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dont smoke
Plenty of food and beer
Im never sick, Im not worried about my lack of weight, I'm worried about my work ethic effecting my future career (i dont want to be a grinder forever)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bashing you, just giving constructive advice.

If you are actually concerned about your health, I would ask to be checked out for some form of thyroid disorder immediately. I can't/don't care to imagine what you actually look like at that height and weight.

And as others have said, your insurance or the lack thereof has no bearing on whether or not you can get the script.

Belok 07-19-2007 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because most of the time when someone posts a question in an OOT thread they are a huge idiot?

you are about to have a kid and you don't have health insurance. that's great. i hope your woman does, at least.

either gain weight or get a job that gives you coverage. it's idiotic to have a kid and not have health insurance. period. you're an idiot.

it's also idiotic to take stimulant drugs when your metabolism and weight are already clearly [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Living up to the OOT standard! Good work.

You know nothing of my financial, personal, or household situation, but you've done a great job fabricating one that you can criticize.

Just because I cant get insurance doesnt mean the gf/child cant.

My weight has been 120-125 since i was 15 years old - nothing, and I mean NOTHING has changed that. I've had adderall in regular supply at one time, didnt change a thing. I've had a personal trainer and eaten like a horse for a 3 month period, no change. My weight and my health are not a concern to me - I havent had more than a cold in 5 years.

Thanks for your input though, you were really helpful. Calling me an idiot and all...really made me see the error of my ways.

Looks like the best solution is to find a GP and take it from there... TY for the input all.

clownassassin 07-19-2007 10:28 PM

Step 1 Google search "adderal translation Spanish"
Step 2 Go to Mexico

NT! 07-19-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like the best solution is to find a GP and take it from there... TY for the input all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like how i gave you no help at all, but you are following a suggestion that only i made.

i don't need to know anything about your financial situation. can you afford to pay hundreds of thousands in medical bills if you are seriously hurt in a hit-and-run? what about if you get cancer? what is your child going to do if you end up needing an organ transplant but can't pay for one?

having a kid and not being covered for catastrophic health events is completely irresponsible and stupid. if you can't see that you are not ready to be a father.

Belok 07-19-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like how i gave you no help at all, but you are following a suggestion that only i made.

i don't need to know anything about your financial situation. can you afford to pay hundreds of thousands in medical bills if you are seriously hurt in a hit-and-run? what about if you get cancer? what is your child going to do if you end up needing an organ transplant but can't pay for one?

having a kid and not being covered for catastrophic health events is completely irresponsible and stupid. if you can't see that you are not ready to be a father.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure I am worried about getting in an accident and not being able to care for my child. If such a thing were to happen, both of our families are very involved and would be very helpful if I could not step up.

And the plan is to currently be moved to Vancouver within 1 years time, where health insurance is much more forgiving of skinny/healthy guys such as myself.

So sure, I'm worried about getting a serious injury/disease in the next year. But it will be taken care of.

However, that was not the point of this thread. Thanks for trying to rub my face in one of my personal issues htough. Surely helped the situation.

TreyWilly 07-19-2007 10:37 PM

You don't need a psychiatrist to get Adderall. You need an adult human who is authorized to prescribe medication.

NT! 07-19-2007 10:38 PM

so the point of the thread is that you don't even know how drugs are prescribed, and wasted all of our time due to complete ignorance? googletarding, in other words?

Belok 07-19-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so the point of the thread is that you don't even know how drugs are prescribed, and wasted all of our time due to complete ignorance? googletarding, in other words?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're just grabbing at straws to put me down man. And since you're the type who always has to have the last word I wont bother beyond this post.

Adderall seems to be a pretty common interest in online poker players - especially on these forums. I figured a thread about attaining it legally would stir up some interest - apparently I was wrong. The solution to this is not to attack the OP though - it's to let the thread die.

Thanks for your help, you've been a true gentleman.

Later OOT.

mbillie1 07-19-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The solution to this is to let the thread die.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT! 07-19-2007 10:54 PM

wait so i just want to confirm that you violated like the #1 rule of OOT, which is asking the forum questions that you are too dumb to answer yourself. the whole point of this post is that you don't know who is able to prescribe adderall, amirite?

Milo 07-19-2007 11:44 PM

The insurance is no biggie. Adderall is not that expensive, the problem is that you don't say why you are too skinny, but one of the side effects is appetite suppression, which can't be good for you. Adderall is essentially a timed release amphetamine (speed) in a controlled dosage. While it will certainly help you focus and will likely earn you more $$, it is also a really -EV in the long run.

EDIT: ACK!! I just read your post more thoroughly, you may have a serious weight problem. Bite the bullet, pay the $$ and go see a doctor. At your weight, using Adderall could be potentially life threatening.

Additionally, it may be +EV in the long run to reconsider your job choices. Almost any "day job" will come with insurance, and if you have medical problems, you need insurance. One or two hospitalizations could bankrupt almost anyone.

Note: I am not an MD, but am a clinical psychologist (Ph.D.) so I'm not talking out my ass here.

TreyWilly 07-19-2007 11:50 PM

OP, try to separate yourself from this thread -- as if you didn't write it -- and try to see where we're all coming from. If you break it down, it's pretty much like this:

OP: I want Adderall, but I don't want to obtain it legally and I don't want to break the law.

Oh, BTW, I'm very skinny. I don't think it's a big deal, but nobody will insure me, even though they insure 70-year-olds who have had two heart attacks and have grenade fragments from 'Nam lodged in their frontal lobes.

Also, I have a baby on the way, and I'm starting to think I should maybe grow up, even though I really don't want a real job.

But ignore all that. Adderall?

FORUM: Dude, get your [censored] together. Adderall is probably a bad idea since you will weigh less than your child in 10 years.

OP: This thread is about obtaining Adderall! What about this don't you understand? Nobody gets me.

FORUM: If you really want it, talk to a doctor or buy it illegally.

OP: Doctor? I told you I didn't have insurance! You are dense.

Illegally? I'm not breaking the law! I have a kid on the way!

FORUM: What do you want from me?

OP: I'm taking the high road and letting this thread die.

You posed a question that had no answer. We discussed your family and health because you brought it up. Your anger is misguided.

I empathize with you in many ways, going through similar issues myself recently, but what did you expect?

mbillie1 07-19-2007 11:52 PM

TreyWilly,

precisely.

swingdoc 07-20-2007 12:00 AM

No doctor is gonna care if you have insurance as long as you can pay for everything. They should be fine with prescribing adderall as long as you have the appropriate symptoms. Make sure you see a GP about your weight too; just a few easy blood tests would be useful to rule out common causes of poor weight gain. It should cost you $75-150 for the doctor's visit and about $150/mo for the adderall. Eff the haters man. NT is a hypocritical bastard who gives */locks threads/temp bans based on his personal dislikes far more often than he strictly adheres to the rules.

NT! 07-20-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NT is a hypocritical bastard who gives */locks threads/temp bans based on his personal dislikes far more often than he strictly adheres to the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're totally right about that

kyleb 07-20-2007 12:05 AM

op,

you don't eat enough. you're lying when you say you do.

keep a log of calories. eat/drink 4000 per day. minimum.

TheNoodleMan 07-20-2007 12:08 AM

The "I'm too skinny to get health insurance" bit just doesn't pass the smell test.

Also, I'm willing to bet that a guy who thinks you need health insurance to get a prescription doesn't have the first clue about how difficult it is going to be to move to Canada and get health insurance there.

swingdoc 07-20-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NT is a hypocritical bastard who gives */locks threads/temp bans based on his personal dislikes far more often than he strictly adheres to the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Baited like the total douchebag you are. Enjoy ruling your little domain, you [censored] asshat [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. No need to ban, I'm gone, LDO.

Milo 07-20-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The insurance is no biggie. Adderall is not that expensive, the problem is that you don't say why you are too skinny, but one of the side effects is appetite suppression, which can't be good for you. Adderall is essentially a timed release amphetamine (speed) in a controlled dosage. While it will certainly help you focus and will likely earn you more $$, it is also a really -EV in the long run.

EDIT: ACK!! I just read your post more thoroughly, you may have a serious weight problem. Bite the bullet, pay the $$ and go see a doctor. At your weight, using Adderall could be potentially life threatening.

Additionally, it may be +EV in the long run to reconsider your job choices. Almost any "day job" will come with insurance, and if you have medical problems, you need insurance. One or two hospitalizations could bankrupt almost anyone.

Note: I am not an MD, but am a clinical psychologist (Ph.D.) so I'm not talking out my ass here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a PM from someone and need to clarify the above. Adderall is NOT -EV for everyone, just for the OP. When ADHD is clearly diagnosed by a psychologist or psychiatrist, Adderall is a safe and effective treatment for MOST people. I'm not real fond of family docs rxing Adderall and other stimulants, mostly because they are generally not sufficiently trained in mental health diagnoses.

NT! 07-20-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Baited like the total douchebag you are. Enjoy ruling your little domain, you [censored] asshat [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. No need to ban, I'm gone, LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know why people would post this and think i wouldn't ban them

sards 07-20-2007 02:18 AM

I don't understand. Why does being skinny prevent you from being able to get health insurance? That seems very strange to me.

Belok 07-20-2007 03:37 AM

Decided to give the thread another look - glad people other than NT responded...
[ QUOTE ]
You posed a question that had no answer. We discussed your family and health because you brought it up. Your anger is misguided.

I empathize with you in many ways, going through similar issues myself recently, but what did you expect?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well honestly, I was a bit ignorant of the prescription process. I figured since adderall is a pretty damn controlled substance (technically an amphetamine, right?) the process would be more difficult than just "go to the doctor and tell them the right symptoms".

Not having insurance, I figured the process would be even more difficult for me.

I was wrong.

And I never denied any of the "go to the doctor and get the rx" advice. All of my defensiveness came because NT was a total douche who seemed to be sniffing for any abnormality to dump on. But hey, everybody has to stroke their e-peen somehow, right?

[ QUOTE ]
The "I'm too skinny to get health insurance" bit just doesn't pass the smell test.

Also, I'm willing to bet that a guy who thinks you need health insurance to get a prescription doesn't have the first clue about how difficult it is going to be to move to Canada and get health insurance there.

[/ QUOTE ]
As for the ignorance about the health insurance industry - that is simply inexperience. My entire adult life I've been unable to be insured, therefore I have 0 experience with the system.

I know moving to Canada will be fairly difficult, which is why I'll be: 1) hiring an immigration lawyer, and 2) applying to schools in vancouver - much easier to move in with a student visa.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. Why does being skinny prevent you from being able to get health insurance? That seems very strange to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew, I'd tell you. There was a part in "Sicko" where they talked about a kid who was 6'0 130 and couldn't get insured. I'm a bit beyond his skinniness.

The fact that I haven't had to go to the hospital for any reason in the past 5 years - I haven't even had the flu - does not matter to them.

They've got a height/weight chart. For X height you must be between Y and Z weight. Outside the boundaries = no coverage.

I've applied 3 separate times. Once through my business, and twice as an individual. All 3 times rejected.

This height/weight would be concerning to anybody who wasn't this way their whole life...but for me, it is just normal. I'm from a very skinny family. I've been ridiculously skinny my whole life. It hasn't caused me to be sickly or unhealthy. Before I turned 18, every time we asked my doctor if something was wrong with my weight, they said I was healthy and would eventually my metabolism would slow down. They never even hinted that I may need a drug to fix anything.

I'd especially like to thank you, Milo, for your help. Extremely glad someone with experience decided to jump in and offer some advice.

Milo - do you have any alternative suggestions that may be more healthy for someone of my weight? I have obtained adderall from friends before, and can certainly understand how it would speed up my activity and slow down my appetite.

Assuming I don't have any major illness causing my skinniness, (And I think it is pretty safe to say I don't, unless something has changed in the past 5 years... As a 17-18 year old, the doctor pretty much said "you'll grow out of it") would there be a better alternative that gives you the same "get to work and get [censored] done" mentality?

Ty again Milo.