Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ** NBA Conference Finals ** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=120373)

Schwartzy61 06-03-2006 11:35 PM

NBA Finals...Miami @ Dallas Thursday night

Should be a fun Finals. Hopefully it will be an interesting one on the court...

Ryan Beal 06-04-2006 12:02 AM

Re: NBA Finals...Miami @ Dallas Thursday night

Obviously I'm happy the Mavs won, but I'm also really impressed with how they did it. Just a great effort in the second half to win a big game on the road. Stackhouse even showed up and gave them some needed points.

Great season for the Suns. I look forward to seeing what they can do next year.

Bring on the Heat! The finals should be entertaining.

mosta 06-04-2006 01:44 AM

This is exactly what I wanted/hoped to see from them.

ClassicBob 06-04-2006 05:31 AM

The Mavericks swept the team with the 4th best record in the West, closing them out on the road.

The Mavs went 7 games against the champs, closing them out on the road.

The Mavs went 6 games with the 3rd best record in the West, the team that eliminated them last year, and closed them out on the road.

The Mavs will play the Heat. To close the series out on the road, they'll have to sweep or win in 5.

Mavs in the NBA Finals!

Mavs in 5!

trying2learn 06-04-2006 11:30 AM

it's only fair to post congrats to dallas and fans. the fun thing about the suns run was it really felt like it was all gravy. even last night as they obviously ran out of gas to the better team, i didn't feel the downers that i often do when my teams are on the way out of the playoffs...it was just that fun of a year/postseason.

ironically, if they weren't playing the suns, i'd be rooting for dallas anyway - how could you not like Cuban, Dirk, Avery, and of course - I'll always have a soft spot for the JET.

no offense to pistons/spurs fans...but thank god we have the teams we do in the finals. i think it's good for the NBA - it's just gonna be more fun to watch these basketball games. at least IMHO.

go mavs. (and here's hoping for another great phoenix run next year)

tuq 06-04-2006 01:40 PM

Suns > Pistons > Bobcats > Heat > fake plastic vomit > Mavs

It just didn't show in this series but the Suns are clearly better OMGLOLROFLCOPTER!!!11!!ONEONEONE

lastchance 06-04-2006 01:44 PM

I don't think the Mavs have anyone that can guard Shaq, so I expect to see a small lineup, taking advantage of Shaq's weakness on the perimeter at the other end of the court. I think the Mavs have much more depth, and are generally the better team. If Shaq doesn't get consistent 30/20 numbers, I think the Mavs depth and prowess on offense is just too much.

The Mavs have the best team in the NBA this year, I expect them to win the NBA Finals.

teamdonkey 06-04-2006 06:03 PM

Re: ** NBA Conference Finals **

[ QUOTE ]
Gary Payton has to be the worst player getting minutes in the entire playoffs. Great in his day, but this guy needs to retire... quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta take this back now. Payton got a lot of minutes against the Pistons (mostly because J-Will couldn't guard Billups at all, ever) and was very solid. If Jason Williams hadn't gone off in game 6 he might be a leading contender for the playoff's LVP, but I think it has to go to Keith Van Horn. Never have I seen a guy do absolutely nothing on both ends of the court and still get as much play as this guy did against the Suns.

Keith Van Horn, even though you were injured for round 1 and half of round 2, I honor your continued ineptitude with this playoff's least valuable player award.