Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Another River Situation - Missed Draw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=62344)

True 03-15-2006 10:05 PM

Another River Situation - Missed Draw

Hero has T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero is in the BB, and UTG is 60/25/1.5

UTG raises, folds to Hero who calls.

Flop - J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls

Turn - 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG calls

River - 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero....

Machinehead 03-15-2006 10:10 PM

Re: Another River Situation - Missed Draw

I'd bet if I think he can fold A high. With those stats...he probably can't. Do you know his WtSD%?

True 03-15-2006 10:14 PM

wtsd = 42.5

jakeduke 03-15-2006 10:15 PM

I don't know any villians with those stats that are folding for one there. Another missed draw is the only thing you can fold out imo. I'm c/fing.

Obliky 03-15-2006 10:17 PM

I bet this...to me checking is weak as you will basically never win the hand. By betting we may get a number of hands to fold..however i know a lot of ppl disagree.

Edit: Ah i didnt see the Wtsd. If its really 42 then we have to check/fold as this guy is calling down with anything.

jakeduke 03-15-2006 10:19 PM

Are those hands that likely against the hands that will call?

jba 03-15-2006 10:21 PM

don't bluff a calling station. this guy is going to showdown too often IMO.

True 03-15-2006 10:24 PM

I usually check/fold in this situation but thought that I may be able to get a pair underneath to fold for the last shot, maybe AK/AT for the odds I was getting.

True

True 03-15-2006 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't bluff a calling station. this guy is going to showdown too often IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, I thought check/folding was standard. Should I have gone for the semi-bluff c/r then bet turn against this opponent? IS it better just to c/c c/c then c/r? I read a post by StellarWind yesterday that said something about us having tremendous odds to try bluffs like this since we make our hand so often that we don't need him to fold that frequently.

True

Machinehead 03-15-2006 10:36 PM

Against a TAG it's a good play, but this guy just isn't going anywhere. Personally I like to c/c, c/c against aggressive villians who don't fold. It also allows you to C/R the turn for more $. It's more about playing your opponent. 42% wtsd is pretty damn high for an aggressive player with a 60% vpip.