Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Jersey/Shirt Collecting Question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547681)

PITTM 11-16-2007 01:42 PM

Jersey/Shirt Collecting Question

So yesterday Kdawg and I were talking and I said I was going to buy a Bojan Krkic jersey. Bojan is a 17 year old super prodigy on Barcelona. In soccer, the first team players wear numbers between 1-25 and the reserves wear 26-99 with exceptions obv. Anyway, Bojan has been wearing #27 and I was considering buying one of his shirts. Then today I read an article about how in January they will be changing his number to a first team number. When I talked to Kdawg I said "dude I'm glad I didnt buy that shirt yesterday..." and then he went on to tell me that he thought the 27 shirt would be cooler and more collectible than the newer shirt. What do you guys think?

I know, some gay soccer thread, but this obv applies to a lot of stuff, would you rather have a kobe 8 or kobe 24 shirt? Michael Jordan 23 or 45? A Michael Jordan UNC jersey or a Jordan Bulls Jersey? Just kind of something I had been wondering.

ArcticKnight 11-16-2007 01:52 PM

Re: Jersey/Shirt Collecting Question

FWIW, I'd get the shirt now.

You can always get one with a new # later in life to add to your collection.

PS. It also shows you were a fan early, which is cool

kidcolin 11-16-2007 02:04 PM

I agree with your friend, it'd be cooler to get the 27.

Not worth debating the basketball jerseys, unless you're black or one of the few white guys who don't look absolutely retarded in an NBA jersey.

PITTM 11-16-2007 02:10 PM

yeah tbh i think soccer(and sometimes mayyyyybe baseball) are the only jerseys that dont look retarded being worn when not playing sports.

Spellmen 11-16-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not worth debating the basketball jerseys, unless you're black or one of the few white guys who don't look absolutely retarded in an NBA jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you look like Shawn Bradley while wearing your Sixers Shawn Bradley jersey?

tdarko 11-16-2007 02:23 PM

Spellman,

A close friend of mine as an authentic Bradley Mavs jersey he wears to every Mavs game we go to. He thinks it is funny, I only thought it was the first time.

SL__72 11-16-2007 02:29 PM

I agree that I'd get the #27 one. I think it also is cooler then whatever his new number becomes if he someday ends up on another club.

For football other sports it really depends on the player. For example, in football:

Barry Sanders OK St. jersey >>> Lions jersey.
Tom Brady Pats jersey > Wolverines jersey.
Tomlinson would be tough, but I'd go Chargers since TCU is purple.
I'd rather have a Oklahoma AP jersey then Vikings.
I'd rather have a Chris Walsh Vikings jersey then an AP or Moss one.

If you wanted a Deion Sanders jersey I think you'd have to go FSU... otherwise what team would you get? Falcons? Cowboys? 49ers? Cowboys? Ravens? Yankees? Braves? Reds? Giants?

Billy Bibbit 11-16-2007 02:29 PM

I look pretty retarded in a basketball jersey, but part of the fun of going to a game is that you can look stupid and not care. I hope I never become one of the people who goes to games in normal clothes and tells the people in front of me to sit down and be quiet. I wouldn't wear a jersey around town though.

kidcolin 11-16-2007 02:53 PM

yeah, basketball jerseys are fine at games for anyone. Same with baseball/football. Ultimately I don't buy the jerseys because I don't go to enough games to justify the $$$ (though I'll probably buy a KG saint patty's day jersey this year.. sooo sick).

PITTM 11-16-2007 03:19 PM

btw: the player in question has scored 960 goals in 7 years on the Barcelona Youth side. sooooo sick.