Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   66 SB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524627)

PrimetimeUNH 10-16-2007 10:28 PM

66 SB

I've only been playing LH for 4 days, but I've had alot of success to this point. My roll is too small to be playing this level, but I figured I'd give it a shot because of how I've been doing. I'm wondering if I played this hand correctly or like a pussy because of the size of the bets. No reads yet, just sat down, second hand.
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 6[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].
2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 3[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 8[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (3 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, BB raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 8[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

JSmith2007 10-16-2007 10:34 PM

Re: 66 SB

Against an unknown, I donk the turn to see if he raises. My pure choice against unknown would be B/F the turn. Calling down may not be so bad either I guess, but BB is on a very wide range, including any 3 or any 8, as well as a busted club draw so calling down is fine too.

milesdyson 10-16-2007 10:42 PM

hand is very standard. you beat 5x, thus you call down.

[ QUOTE ]
My pure choice against unknown would be B/F the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
you will be raised by worse hands enough that this is a bad decision, and you won't be raised by worse hands enough that you'd rather bet/call the turn than check/call it.

JSmith2007 10-16-2007 10:45 PM

So, just call it down and not bet the turn? Kind of confused there as you say you'd rather bet/call turn, but then say call down.

PrimetimeUNH 10-16-2007 10:47 PM

thanks...how are the sklansky books for small stakes? i'm cheap so i'll order one order one once i get enough fpp's if it's worth it. i think i have a pretty good feel for the game so far and its way better than being a fish in NL

CR the LAGs 10-17-2007 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My roll is too small to be playing this level, but I figured I'd give it a shot because of how I've been doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds a lot like me...dont do it

donking turn = retarded. id raise you with jack [censored] if you pulled that on me

Oink 10-17-2007 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, just call it down and not bet the turn? Kind of confused there as you say you'd rather bet/call turn, but then say call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jsmith

Miles is telling you that c/c &gt; b/c &gt; b/f.

Which I think most agree with.

You have to stop betting and raising for info and then fold. People raise and reraise you with worse hands too much.

Betting and raising for info is useles in LHE. Dont do it!

dbeckham 10-17-2007 03:30 AM

anyone check raise this turn? then check call the river.

2muchneon 10-17-2007 04:24 AM

Your line seems reasonable to me... was there a particular street where you didn't like your play?

Gurravasa 10-17-2007 07:50 AM

look just fine IMO. You have enough equity to call down, but not enough to raise anywhere with no reads on villain. NH