Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Devastating Seinfeld News (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454269)

CrazyEyez 07-18-2007 01:54 PM

Devastating Seinfeld News

This friend of mine and I constantly reference/discuss/make analogies to Seinfeld eps. On occasion, one of us will be discussing part of an ep, and the other will not recognize it. (This also happens sometimes when watching an ep on TV.) Panic sets in as you start to wonder if there's actually an ep you haven't seen.* Then you go on to hear about a different part of the same ep, and you're like Ohhhhhh yeah, I've seen that one. All is right with the world.

Well an episode came up today that I had no recollection of. I checked the greatest reference source in the world , and it's pretty much confirmed: I have not seen The Diplomat Club. This is obviously devastating news to me.

1) Does anyone else take Seinfeld this seriously?
2) Has this happened to you? How did you take it?
3) Why isn't there a Seinfeld trivia board game? There is one for Cheers (never played the game, not a huge fan of the show) and Simpsons, though the Simpsons one is horrible. "True or False: In episode 4-07, Marge is standing behind Homer when he eats the donut. --- False, she is standing on his right."

* True story about a guy I used to work with:
<discussing some randome topic>
me: That's like the soup nazi.
him: .....
him: Is that from that "Sein-field show?"
me (appalled): Uh, yeah.
him: Yeah I never really watched that.

I'll deal with the fact that you didn't watch the show. Fine. But to not even know how to PRONOUNCE THE NAME?!?! Where have you been?

So now whenever my original (knowledgeable) friend and I discuss the show, anytime one of us doesn't recognize a part the other is talking about, we are required to say, "Is that from that Seinfield show?"

Yes we are huge idiots.

Fabian 07-18-2007 01:57 PM

Re: Devastating Seinfeld News

I would feel happy learning there's an episode of a show I apparently love/worship/would have sex with/etc I haven't seen, which I can now see for the first time. The word devastating would not cross my mind.

MattSuspect 07-18-2007 01:59 PM

hah. interesting. def have seen all of the seinfelds, and this is a great one. I love it when George calls women "dear".

Cornell Fiji 07-18-2007 02:01 PM

The George subplot is pretty funny in this ep

nyc999 07-18-2007 02:08 PM

Yeah, I've seen that episode several times.

OP - two things:

1. I'm surprised you don't have these on DVD
2. You might be interested to know that Seinfeld has agreed to appear in the season premiere of 30 Rock, playing himself.

moondogg 07-18-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would feel happy learning there's an episode of a show I apparently love/worship/would have sex with/etc I haven't seen, which I can now see for the first time. The word devastating would not cross my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I stumble across a Simpsons or Seinfeld ep I don't recognize, at first I get excited, then I realize that it must be a pretty crappy episode if it rarely/never gets played in syndication.

D104 07-18-2007 02:22 PM

I went through all the Simpsons episodes on wikipedia the other day and realized that I have seen every episode through Season 15. I'm not really sure how I should feel.

D

btmagnetw 07-18-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went through all the Simpsons episodes on wikipedia the other day and realized that I have seen every episode through Season 15. I'm not really sure how I should feel.

D

[/ QUOTE ]stop watching at 10, for the love of god.

Soul Daddy 07-18-2007 02:28 PM

Strange. I'm pretty sure there are a good amount of Seinfields I haven't seen, but I've caught this one on several occasions.

Hiiiiiiii 07-18-2007 02:37 PM

Get over yourself/seinfeld. The show is over and so are its references. It was cool 2 years ago maybe, but is a waste of life/your time now. Find a new hobby.