Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   OOP againts an unknown with top pair, J kicker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485150)

Snozynoze 08-24-2007 02:25 AM

OOP againts an unknown with top pair, J kicker

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.10
BB: $12.45
UTG: $9.50
Hero (MP): $10.00
CO: $6.95
BTN: $8.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.85</font>, BTN calls $0.85

Turn: ($2.55) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

<font color="blue"> This is a street i'd like imput about. Here was the thinking, lemme know what you all think.

I got top pair, but with no real information, i'm not sure where i am at in this hand, and i'm OOP. I decide to check this street for pot size control.</font>

Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($2.55) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)

<font color="blue"> Ok, the T just pushed past, but weaker hands call a value bet here i figure while the weird hands like a T and the straight raise. </font>

<font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5.00</font>,

<font color="blue"> So i paid for information and i got it, this seems like an easy fold. </font>

Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $3.20 returned to BTN

Pot Size: $6.15 ($0.60 Rake)

<font color="blue"> Seems solid. But the turn still feels weird, and i'm not sure if i should be check/calling there or what. Being OOP againts an unknown opponent (ninth hand at the table) seems a bad place to play for stacks.

Comments? </font>

PinkMartini 08-24-2007 02:51 AM

Re: OOP againts an unknown with top pair, J kicker

You think villain was calling flop with a T or JQ?

And what about c/c a bluff on the river?

Snozynoze 08-24-2007 02:57 AM

I'm not sure WHAT villian called with. He mighta had AT, he mighta had AK, he might have KT, or QJ.

I thought about check/call, but i think the hands i beat check behind to often and the hands that beat me always bet.

PinkMartini 08-24-2007 02:59 AM

Then I think you played the turn fine, at that point you're either WA/WB and it's a nice area to exercise some pot control.

Snozynoze 08-24-2007 03:14 AM

So againts an unknown, am i in check/call mode or check/fold and why?

And if he bets, and we call the turn, what is our river line?

Snozynoze 08-24-2007 11:48 AM

Bump

whyzze 08-24-2007 11:52 AM

against an unkonwn, I am betting for value, thye have trouble folding any ace.

b/f turn about 1.25/1.50

if called, b/f river about 1/3 pot.

members_only 08-24-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So againts an unknown, am i in check/call mode or check/fold and why?

And if he bets, and we call the turn, what is our river line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be in check/call mode. I would check for pot control, and call a bet because a lot of worse hands could be betting. I would check the river unimproved and call a reasonable bet, but strongly consider folding depending on the bet size, because a significant bet now would generally represent a stronger hand than you have. Most villains at 10NL will let you get to a cheap showdown though

(P.S. I don't know if I'm speaking for anyone else here but your avatar is really tilting me and making me somewhat reluctant to respond to threads in which I have to look at it [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

Snozynoze 08-24-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(P.S. I don't know if I'm speaking for anyone else here but your avatar is really tilting me and making me somewhat reluctant to respond to threads in which I have to look at it [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i've been told by others they like it, but because i think it's funny, it stays. If it tilts you, then you need to take a deep breath, and work on those anger issues [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]