Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Playing pair of Q in stud8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556221)

roggles 11-28-2007 05:55 AM

Playing pair of Q in stud8

I have a lot of reads here... mostly this table is slightly too loose, and some people like seeing the river down with hopeless hands, yelling at the other he is a donk for playing that and that hand.
Seat 3 just loooves high pairs. He is willing to reraise 3rd with a pair of jacks to a lower card and seems to have bad starting hand selection although understanding the game sort of well sometimes.
Seat 6 plays a very weak game. He is loose-passive, and for instance I just saw him checking behind a pair of aces and a 7-5 on the river which was a scoop for a $160 pot.
Seat 7 is an aggro donk.

Now, to the hand I feel like I might have played this too weak and hence [censored] it up on every street. I just hate investing a lot of money into a high pair that isn't aces in this game, so I feel uncomfortable playing in this spot. General advice appreciated

7 Card Stud High-Low ($8/$16), Ante $1,50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.13 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (5.38 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (2.69 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.69 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (5.69 BB - $91)

djk123 11-28-2007 12:44 PM

Re: Playing pair of Q in stud8

i'd consider reraising 3rd given descriptions.

4th, even tho seat 6 cud be checking pair of aces, id still bet because i'd like to thin the field as much as possible. and he cud have a lot of other crap under there too.

5th to 6th std