Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Hourly rates... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=33037)

Mr_J 02-10-2006 01:58 AM

Hourly rates...

I know this is a bit silly, but I wouldn't mind hearing hourly rates from players with decent samples. I just like to know what is possible. I'm a bit more interested in the PLO8 hourly rates since that's what I'll probally end up playing, seeing as how I likely suck at limit. Also throw in limits and # of tables if you feel like it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mendacious 02-10-2006 10:34 AM

Re: Hourly rates...

What a set-up for a Fatballz $500 an hour brag thread.

For some realism, I'm a 12bb/100 player on the $1bb ($100 buy-in) tables. I play 3-4 tables at a time, and make 5.6bb per hour. I believe that is essentially between $33-$44 an hour.

I find that virtually every site has enough action at this level to find quality games at this leve. I think at the $200 level you lose the quantity of selection a bit and the play is somewhat tougher, above this level, $400-$2000 you are pretty much limited to Party and Stars, and there are no guarantees that you can multi-table on good tables. Notwithstanding the great success of Wintermute/Fatballz, I think your options in PL08 are pretty limited above the $200 level because of the size of the player pool. Above the $200 level I think you need to be flat out a very very good player if you want to sustain any winning, and if you are that good, there are other games with much greater availability. Just my .02

Mr_J 02-10-2006 10:47 AM

I don't expect to get above 200PL, and expect that if I do get to 200PL, I'll probally have 100PL and 50PL games running as well.

[ QUOTE ]
and if you are that good, there are other games with much greater availability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wondering if you mean PLO8 games or other poker games.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why even work 2hrs a day...

Dismas 02-10-2006 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For some realism, I'm a 12bb/100 player on the $1bb ($100 buy-in) tables. I play 3-4 tables at a time, and make 5.6bb per hour. I believe that is essentially between $33-$44 an hour.

I find that virtually every site has enough action at this level to find quality games at this leve. I think at the $200 level you lose the quantity of selection a bit and the play is somewhat tougher, above this level, $400-$2000 you are pretty much limited to Party and Stars, and there are no guarantees that you can multi-table on good tables. Notwithstanding the great success of Wintermute/Fatballz, I think your options in PL08 are pretty limited above the $200 level because of the size of the player pool. Above the $200 level I think you need to be flat out a very very good player if you want to sustain any winning, and if you are that good, there are other games with much greater availability. Just my .02

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

steamboatin 02-10-2006 11:03 AM

Do hourly rates written in red ink count?

januarymute 02-10-2006 11:23 AM

$500/hr

TxRedMan 02-10-2006 11:53 AM

This last trip to Vegas I was +6 BB's /hr.

Mendacious 02-10-2006 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't expect to get above 200PL, and expect that if I do get to 200PL, I'll probally have 100PL and 50PL games running as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you plan on playing mostly the same levels I do-- which is good because I think this affords you the best selection over a wide spectrum of sites, which also permits you bonus whore a bit (which for me is worth another $600+ a month, over various sites). Playing these levels-- with bonus and 3-4 tabling, I suppose it is possible to get up to $50 an hour, but I really think you should temper your expectations a little to more like $35-$40 because it isn't always possible to have 3-4 good tables going, and personally, I think much more than 5 hours of multi-tabling a day starts to degrade your performance, and makes you a player that is so well known in this size player pool that it becomes harder to generate the same win rate.

Mendacious 02-10-2006 02:00 PM

hmmm. can you post a graph of this [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AnyAce 02-10-2006 02:23 PM

I agree with Mendacious. I generally play PLO8 $100 also and am running about 15bb/100 or about $14 per table hour. I usually 2-3 table (sometimes 4, if the games are good) so its $28-$42 hour or so, not counting bonuses (or rakeback, RIP).

I definitely think the fishiness drops as you move to $200 as well.

(I'll never be confused with Wintermute in terms of win rate, but its a nice side income... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])

Good luck,
AA