Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   OTB, Lag to my right, I iso and miss (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547762)

danzasmack 11-16-2007 03:52 PM

OTB, Lag to my right, I iso and miss

happens like 15 times a day

you are to the left of a 41/25 who opens in the CO. He is aggro postflop, sometimes tricky, sometimes spastic, and you've certainly been forced to pay him off so far

You 3-bet a hand like KTs (what is lowest you iso here btw vs. showdown spewy guy? jw). He calls.

The flop is America's Dry Spot Q72r.

And he c/c.

What turns are you betting again?

geormiet 11-16-2007 03:58 PM

Re: OTB, Lag to my right, I iso and miss

does he bluff the river a lot when you chk the turn?

danzasmack 11-16-2007 04:02 PM

He bets the river a lot when i check the turn. I only have Khi so he needs like JT/89 here for it to be a bluff, no?

StellarWind 11-16-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I need to pair my hand.

I pokerstoved this versus top 40% and got only 34% equity. Our current chance of having the best hand is a mere 22% (stove with running deuces for the turn and river).

By betting the turn I'm absorbing terrible negative equity and risking a checkraise with outs or even the best hand. Against that my chance of getting a better hand to fold is minimal.

If and when he bets the river I'll decide what to do based on the final board and my table feel.

DeathDonkey 11-16-2007 06:51 PM

There is nothing wrong with checking behind a brick turn and folding the river. In fact it encourages him to get to the river with his weak ace highs, which just so happen to have you beat here.

-DeathDonkey

PokerBob 11-16-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
happens like 15 times a day

you are to the left of a 41/25 who opens in the CO. He is aggro postflop, sometimes tricky, sometimes spastic, and you've certainly been forced to pay him off so far

You 3-bet a hand like KTs (what is lowest you iso here btw vs. showdown spewy guy? jw). He calls.

The flop is America's Dry Spot Q72r.

And he c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy is at all observant/good, checking this turn is very exploitable.

DeathDonkey 11-16-2007 09:48 PM

Bob, I feel a LAG like this will have a ton of Ax hands in his range. Our 3 betting range will often be happy about this and can check behind turn and induce a river bluff. We happen to have one of the weakest hands in our range, one that is probably just on the other side of the fuzzy line of what we can pick off a bluff with.

Unless you mean we encourage him to peel the flop more liberally by checking behind here, which I sorta agree with, but have to ask: there have to be some hands we give up with here, no?

-DeathDonkey

PokerBob 11-16-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless you mean we encourage him to peel the flop more liberally by checking behind here

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

danzasmack 11-16-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with checking behind a brick turn and folding the river. In fact it encourages him to get to the river with his weak ace highs, which just so happen to have you beat here.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my standard fwiw, just checking up (running bad)

vmacosta 11-16-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Unless you mean we encourage him to peel the flop more liberally by checking behind here

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. If we bet our whole range here we encourage him to wait til the turn to c/r us with all his medium/good as well as some bluffs.

We also don't necessarily discourage him from peeling cuz now his implied odds for catching a pair or good draw are greater.

I think in this spot we should check.

However, I will concede to Pbob that if the hand ranges were a bit wider (i.e., we opened in CO and he defended his BB), this problem becomes rather tricky. It's a fun one to try to solve if you have the proper tools though.