Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Too much or too little? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479468)

jkamowitz 08-16-2007 10:21 PM

Too much or too little?

This hand takes place sort of in a vacuum because it was my second hand at a table full of unknowns. The only tiny read I had was that during opponents first hand he raised preflop and bet the flop and bet/folded the turn on a Q235 three hearts board. That's all I have.

6 handed 20/40. I don't chop 6 handed and I announced this before the hand was dealt.

4 folds and I raise KK in the sb. BB says "chop?" I reply "I don't chop 6 handed" and he shrugs and 3-bets, I 4-bet, he asks the dealer "can I raise again?" the dealer nods "ok I call"

Flop: 553r I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6-bets, I call.

Turn 2o I bet, he raises, I call.

River J I check call.

How would most people play this vs a complete unknown in this spot? This happened a while ago but I've always been curious.

AragornX151 08-16-2007 11:43 PM

Re: Too much or too little?

IMO, it's NEVER correct to put that many bets in on the flop against an unknown. I know 2 + 2 loves aggression but IMO, that's just spew against a random player.

The DaveR 08-17-2007 01:25 AM

Funnily enough, I'm okay with 7 betting the flop but not with betting the turn.

surfdoc 08-17-2007 04:39 AM

I am just curious as to the thought process on your turn lead? Where you concerned that he 6 bet you for a free card? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

SNOWBALL 08-17-2007 06:59 AM

I don't understand exactly what happened preflop. Did he 5 bet it or not?

ProfessorBen 08-17-2007 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funnily enough, I'm okay with 7 betting the flop but not with betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

jkamowitz 08-17-2007 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am just curious as to the thought process on your turn lead? Where you concerned that he 6 bet you for a free card? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wasn't that I was concerned with a free card but I was not positive I was behind yet. So I wanted to make sure that at most 2 bets went in on the turn and I wasn't comfortable c/raising, perhaps it was a mistake.

Snowball, he asked if he could 5-bet and then he called.

Aragon, I understand that this much aggression vs. an unknown is usually poor play. (hence why I posted this) But what would you advise? Calling down after the flop 4 bet?

gaming_mouse 08-17-2007 11:05 AM

ya i think u put in too many bets.

this is one of those spots where u want to be thinking about how many bets u want going into the pot.

i would have called his 4bet, and then played the turn and river the same way you did.

as played on the flop, i would have just c/c down.

nineinchal 08-19-2007 05:03 PM

You didn't bet enough since you had to have the best hand at the moment, except for AA.

It's not like an unknown would have a 5-3 and six bet with rags like that pre flop.

However, I would chop with KK six handed so everybody at the table would like me; I wouldn't want other players at a short handed table to think I am a dick or anything.

jkamowitz 08-19-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't bet enough since you had to have the best hand at the moment, except for AA.

It's not like an unknown would have a 5-3 and six bet with rags like that pre flop.

However, I would chop with KK six handed so everybody at the table would like me; I wouldn't want other players at a short handed table to think I am a dick or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I talk to you about this hand?

He did in fact have 53o.