Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Morgan Ensberg designated for assignment (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=463748)

Chrisman886 07-29-2007 12:56 PM

Morgan Ensberg designated for assignment

I find this surprising. I know the Astros can still trade him a period of time after they make the announcement, but it seems like they lose some bargaining power. His numbers have slumped since 2005, but I still think there is something here. Some team will get him soon.

TheRover 07-29-2007 01:31 PM

Re: Morgan Ensberg designated for assignment

rofl

NT! 07-29-2007 02:21 PM

they are going to trade him before the deadline anyway, this is probably just a roster move or something. nobody is giving them much for him regardless, since they know the astros would prob non-tender him anyway

kyleb 07-29-2007 03:42 PM

god the astros are so stupid lol

maybe we can trade them eric chavez

MikeyPatriot 07-29-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
god the astros are so stupid lol

maybe we can trade them eric chavez

[/ QUOTE ]

We? I didn't know Chavez played for Cleveland

kyleb 07-29-2007 04:37 PM

i am watching the oakland game at the moment which prompted that comment

barryc83 07-29-2007 06:46 PM

lol Ensberg ducks, he had 1 good year and has done nothing since. This team is in for some serious rebuilding.

dontmesswithme 07-29-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Ensberg ducks, he had 1 good year and has done nothing since. This team is in for some serious rebuilding.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you trade your bigtime reliever for a marginal infielder and not prospects amirite?

kyleb 07-29-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "has done nothing since," you mean he never plays for some reason despite being young, yeah, that's him.

barryc83 07-29-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "has done nothing since," you mean he never plays for some reason despite being young, yeah, that's him.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol hes in his early 30s dude. I live in Houston so I have to watch this sorry ass team unfortunately.

This years stats:

85G 224AB 8HR 31RBI .232BA .323OBP .384SLG

Last year's:

127G 387AB 23HR 58RBI .235BA .396OBP .463SLG

And in '05 he had his one big year. He's an ok player at best. And its not like his saving grace is that he's stellar in the field. I say trade all these candy asses except el caballo, Berkman, OSwalt and Hunter Pence obv. Lidge should have been traded a long time ago. He's either done or needs a change of scenery, def done in HOU. Even when the Stros made the WS they didnt have any hitters, now that RC and AP are gone its just time to start all over.