Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Court messed up my name, whats my play? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539487)

Henry17 11-06-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Court messed up my name, whats my play?

1) That there is an error on the letter doesn't mean that there is an error on the ticket. As Otnemem pointed out what matter is what is on the ticket itself.

2) Assuming there is an error on the ticket it is not certain that this is a material error so the ticket might still be valid if the rest of the information is correct. What constitutes a material error is jurisdiction dependent.

3) Even if there is a material error at this point if you are getting 2nd notices and additional fees you have already been convicted. It would have been a lot easier to contest the ticket before a conviction was entered. Now that a conviction has been entered contesting it would be more effort then it is worth.

eMbAh 11-06-2007 01:19 PM

check raise all-in imo

Tony_P 11-06-2007 02:14 PM

in most states moving violations cannot be dismissed for spelling errors like parking violations can. pay it

Hendricks433 11-06-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in most states moving violations cannot be dismissed for spelling errors like parking violations can. pay it

[/ QUOTE ] well I called the collection agency and they have nothing under my name.

Fast Food Knight 11-06-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] well I called the collection agency and they have nothing under my name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet. Don't f*ck up your credit over a few hundred dollars.

Hendricks433 11-06-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] how can it mess up my credit if its not my name?

Fast Food Knight 11-06-2007 02:49 PM

Your driver's license number, which they have, is linked to your social security number. Someone correct me?

poorolrich 11-06-2007 03:08 PM

Well, if the original ticket is under the right name and when they do turn it over to a collection agency what makes you think that it won't be under your correct name. Also, why????? do you think you can take care of this over the PHONE????? I would be down there in a heartbeat if I was in this situation.

Tony_P 11-06-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] how can it mess up my credit if its not my name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it's the wrong name on the ticket, all that usually needs to be done is for the officer to wrote it to confirm he did indeed issue it to you (you're real name being obtained from DMV records)

Henry17 11-06-2007 03:37 PM

In most jurisdictions what will happen is that your driver's licence will be suspended. I think you already stated that yours was in your OP. When you get pulled over then you'll be charged with driving while under suspicion.

If you never get pulled over eventually you'll still need to renew your licence at some point and they will refuse to renew it while you have fines outstanding.