Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   pair + draw vs spewtard (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556165)

DLizzle 11-28-2007 06:48 PM

Re: pair + draw vs spewtard

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe im the first one to say this but c/r to something like 2700. all in sucks, AK folds and the overpairs will always call

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree, i think AK is more likely to call a shove than to shove over or call a raise to 2700.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't you guys agreeing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't we want him to get it in with his entire range including AK and not just the hands that beat us?

irockhoess 11-28-2007 06:56 PM

i think you are almost guaranteed the equity against his range you put him on. someone above said he might have you worse than 36/64 or whatever. this is really never the case since bad players dont 3 bet with small suited connectors or small pocket pairs with position. they try to "flop big and win a big pot"

Irish Mafia 11-28-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reality check. pokerstove says you're looking at about 54% to win it (not knowing what suits your 6's are) if you have his range at JJ+,AKs,AKo.

even if you add the slightly more unlikely 33 - 55, you're still in the lead here.

<low level player warning>
i think you have enough equity in a shove of him folding to justify flipping coins.
</low level player warning>

[/ QUOTE ]

Given villain's description (has not 3-bet pf ONCE prior), I would actually discount AK somewhat. I think its FAR more likely he has KK or AA here.

As such, i'd c/c and c/f turn ui.

yellowsub 11-28-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ever visit the site www.lolweaktightnitaments.com?

Irish Mafia 11-28-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever visit www.imamassivedbag.com? [censored] off. I love how this guy hasn't 3-bet ONE time, and now he's got AK enough of the time to justify our equity when he snap calls our check-shove.

Oh, by the way - [censored] off.

RiverFenix 11-28-2007 11:04 PM

I'm not HSNL but quick thought. Equity is awesome vs his range and usually w/ 10 outs its OMG jam but only a hand like this doing a crai quick math says he needs to fold ~30% of the time to make it correct. I doubt for a guy that has never 3bet yet AK makes up a third of his range and hes prob never folding JJ+.

HEK 11-28-2007 11:36 PM

preflop I was thinking JJ+, AK. On the flop when he pounded a PSB at the pot I strongly felt that AK was on the lower part of his range and I had next to zero fold equity. Against players with wider 3b ranges, I'd obv just c/r commit or jam whichever I'm in the mood to do at the time.

So figuring I had no fold equity I check/called the flop. Turn was another 4. I checked and he shoved. I folded.

SlowHabit 11-28-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not HSNL but quick thought. Equity is awesome vs his range and usually w/ 10 outs its OMG jam but only a hand like this doing a crai quick math says he needs to fold ~30% of the time to make it correct. I doubt for a guy that has never 3bet yet AK makes up a third of his range and hes prob never folding JJ+.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you show the math where he has to fold more than 30%?

I got a number much smaller than this.

Daliman 11-28-2007 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop I was thinking JJ+, AK. On the flop when he pounded a PSB at the pot I strongly felt that AK was on the lower part of his range and I had next to zero fold equity. Against players with wider 3b ranges, I'd obv just c/r commit or jam whichever I'm in the mood to do at the time.
[ QUOTE ]

So figuring I had no fold equity I check/called the flop. Turn was another 4. I checked and he shoved. I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

TheWorstPlayer 11-28-2007 11:49 PM

hek, you have 40% equity if he NEVER has AK. just get it in, please.