Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   *LOUNGE CONTEST - Hottest Male Characters* (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523109)

katyseagull 10-15-2007 12:09 AM

*LOUNGE CONTEST - Hottest Male Characters*

Ok guys, I've decided the Lounge needs a contest! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Your Challenge --&gt; <font color="blue">try to beat your fellow Loungers at picking the hottest MALE FILM CHARACTERS. The submitted photos will be rated by a panel of judges. </font>

(I'm pondering whether to allow TV characters too so if you feel strongly about it you can give me your feedback before we start the contest.)

<font color="blue">ok please do not start yet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]</font>

POG rules
The idea was taken from Our House's POG contest held a year ago. (Metsandfinsfan reminded me of it last week.) Our House has been cool enough to allow me to use not only his idea from the POG Hot Guys contest(Mr.POG) but also his contest structure as well - so thank you very much to him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] for being so generous and awesome. (What can I say, Poggers RULE).

Here's a link if you want to see how funny those POG guys are. POG Hot Guys Contest

I'm a little miffed that I lost the POG contest to wdcbooks. The judges were harsh man. It was a humiliating defeat. I now challenge wdc and any other Loungers to a rematch. The gauntlet has been thrown. I say BRING IT ON LOUNGERS! Let's see what you've got.

The Players

Ok before we proceed we need to put out a call for players. I've already got my three judges lined up but now I need a group of players who want to go up against me and wdcbooks. All it entails is posting pictures of handsome film characters. How hard could it be?! I will announce the judges and give the rules as soon as we get our players established.

So far these posters have agreed to participate:

Diebitter
Katyseagull
Wdcbooks
MrWookie
rothko
Dominic (lol, he thought he agreeed to a hot girls contest [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I would like at least 10 players for this contest but more would be great! Who wants to compete against me and Wdcbooks? (Lurkers, regulars?)

MrWookie 10-15-2007 12:13 AM

Re: *LOUNGE CONTEST - Hottest Male Characters*

Aw, I thought I'd only be competing against other men! You being a woman puts you at an advantage.

MrWookie 10-15-2007 12:15 AM

Also, is it too nitty of me to ask that we consider a neutral party who'll repost the images so as to remove any biases? Not saying this is a deal breaker, but a thought.

katyseagull 10-15-2007 12:15 AM

Well Wdc beat me last time around and he's a guy! But I can withdraw if that would get more guys to sign up. I can play in the next game with the HOT FEMALE characters. Would that be better?

katyseagull 10-15-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, is it too nitty of me to ask that we consider a neutral party who'll repost the images so as to remove any biases? Not saying this is a deal breaker, but a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? You mean like make the submitted posts anonymous? Yeah that's pretty nitty [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

metsandfinsfan 10-15-2007 12:44 AM

who are gonna be the judges???

katyseagull 10-15-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who are gonna be the judges???

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it going to impact whether you play? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

katyseagull 10-15-2007 12:57 AM

Come on people. All you have to do is post a pic of Paul Newman or something like that! It's easy. We're not looking for half naked men or anything.

I need players! (maybe I should ask Peachy? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Conspire 10-15-2007 01:11 AM

When you do a hottest female character let me know. Sorry Katy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

MissT74 10-15-2007 01:18 AM

I still haven't figured out how to post pics yet (seriously, I'm brain dead) so I pass this time around, but will watch thread regularly! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

diebitter 10-15-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you do a hottest female character let me know. Sorry Katy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sorta what I said, but hell, I'm in anyway.

When do we post someone again? When we're told to, right?

rothko 10-15-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on people. All you have to do is post a pic of Paul Newman or something like that! It's easy. We're not looking for half naked men or anything.

I need players! (maybe I should ask Peachy? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

patience young grasshopper

Dominic 10-15-2007 02:51 AM

wait, am i playing or am i a judge? and do you mean hottest actors or hottest fiction movie character? Not that there wouldn't be much of a difference, I guess...

diebitter 10-15-2007 07:27 AM

Well, it does say 'characters'...

Can we have TV guys too? Cos it'd be tragic to miss out The Hoff.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

katyseagull 10-15-2007 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, am i playing or am i a judge? and do you mean hottest actors or hottest fiction movie character? Not that there wouldn't be much of a difference, I guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a player in this contest. I have you slotted to be a judge in my Hottest Female Characters Contest which will follow after this one dies.

katyseagull 10-15-2007 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Can we have TV guys too? Cos it'd be tragic to miss out The Hoff.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are no objections by the other players I support this idea. There are so many awesome male characters on TV this season. Just about every show on TV has some hot guy.

katyseagull 10-15-2007 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still haven't figured out how to post pics yet (seriously, I'm brain dead) so I pass this time around, but will watch thread regularly! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

MissT,

What you posted initially for your fairy pic will work just fine. No need to figure out how to do images right now. If you can just post your pics the way you did that fairy link then you absolutely can play. The rest of us can help you get the image to show up just like Leap Frog did.

You are in!

tarheeljks 10-15-2007 07:57 AM

do we have to play in this one to do the hottest female contest?

edit: i just don't think i would contribute much in this game

diebitter 10-15-2007 08:06 AM

Yes, I want a promise there'll be a 'hottest female' contest after this one.

katyseagull 10-15-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do we have to play in this one to do the hottest female contest?

edit: i just don't think i would contribute much in this game

[/ QUOTE ]

Tarheel, you can still participate in the hottest female contest even if you don't play in this one.

Guys, all you have to do is post a pic of some guy you think the women like. Keep in mind that the judges are unpredictable. I would bet you could post a pic of Jack Black and one of them would probably rate him at least a 7 on a scale of 1-10. The judges are crazy.

tarheeljks 10-15-2007 08:47 AM

i'll do it if you end up short of the desired # of players

Mrs. Utah 10-15-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aw, I thought I'd only be competing against other men! You being a woman puts you at an advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it give Katy the advantage?

diebitter 10-15-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the way normal men dress and deport themselves? And the haircuts they choose? Do you seriously think we have any idea what women find hot?

MrWookie 10-15-2007 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are no objections by the other players I support this idea. There are so many awesome male characters on TV this season. Just about every show on TV has some hot guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. If Katy was a judge, I'd know exactly who to pick!

And Mrs. U,

I think that men are not particularly good judges of male beauty. I mean, it's easy to spot a guy with a great body, but as to what facial features make a guy desirable, it's really hard for me to tell, sometimes. It often seems like you girls are all drooling over some guy I thought was pretty average looking.

Mrs. Utah 10-15-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the way normal men dress and deport themselves? And the haircuts they choose? Do you seriously think we have any idea what women find hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Women are fickle and not nearly as predictable as you all seem to think. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

diebitter 10-15-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Women are fickle and not nearly as predictable as you all seem to think. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that makes things easier for us, as men, to work out what's hot? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Kimbell175113 10-15-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
deport themselves

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa, I had to look that up; I thought you messed up and had meant to type 'comport.'

Anyway, I'll do the contest, katy, why not.

Mrs. Utah 10-15-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that makes things easier for us, as men, to work out what's hot? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol! Its not supposed to be easy but it should be pretty funny to see what happens in this contest.

Conspire 10-15-2007 11:34 AM

Is there prizes involved? Does the winning actor get some sort of email or card from us?

Blarg 10-15-2007 11:47 AM

How many pages till we see a pic? It looks like women are all talk and no action.

MissT74 10-15-2007 11:48 AM

I'm ready, but didn't want to post first unless there is some rule I'm not following or something....

(waiting on Katy)
T

MrWookie 10-15-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there prizes involved? Does the winning actor get some sort of email or card from us?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd think we can arrange a custom title.

katyseagull 10-15-2007 11:57 AM

First let me say that I think Tarheel and Kimbell are cool for stepping up. Thank you.

Second, I have to go into a staff meeting.

Third, do we need a moderator? Mrs.Utah thinks we need a moderator and someone to keep us on track, like Our House did in the POG contest. Did anyone bother to read the POG Hot Guys contest thread? It is pretty funny. People posting pics of themselves, their dogs, their babies. It was a tough field let me tell you!

Here's who I have so far

diebitter
katyseagull
MrWookie
wdcbooks
rothko
dominic
MissT
tarheel
Kimbell

VoraciousReader 10-15-2007 12:02 PM

All of you men that are declining to participate, when wdc won the POG contest, he was given the custom title of "Winner: POG's Hottest Guy".

I think it's a title worth stepping outside your comfort zone to earn...if the Lounge does something similar.

Fishwhenican 10-15-2007 12:14 PM

If you still need someone, I will volunteer.

Dominic 10-15-2007 12:28 PM

personally, I think TV and movies need to be separate contests, or else you'll have some silly matchups like Paul Newman vs. some TV soap star. Not good.

diebitter 10-15-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
personally, I think TV and movies need to be separate contests, or else you'll have some silly matchups like Paul Newman vs. some TV soap star. Not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

let's just get through the hottest males thing, and worry about subcategories for hottest female after.

I like

Hot Film Females under 30
Hot TV Females under 30
Hot Film Females 30 and over
Hot TV Females 30 and over

and indeed any other distinctions that are worth doing, all one at a time. Let's stretch it out!

Mrs. Utah 10-15-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Katy and I had kind of talked about having a tiered type of thing. Start with movie males and then as players are eliminated and down to lets say the final four switch to tv males.

Just a thought. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

J.A.K. 10-15-2007 12:35 PM

I'll play if it will get us to the hot females faster.

PS- I am weak on current TV

katyseagull 10-15-2007 01:16 PM

Here's who I have so far

diebitter
katyseagull
MrWookie
wdcbooks
rothko
dominic
MissT
tarheel
Kimbell
Fishwhenican
J.A.K.

That's eleven! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Anyone else playing? If not we will try to get this thing under way.

Ok, let me get my judges pictures together and then we can start.

Couple small matters to attend to -

1. The original POG contest had 4 players eliminated in the first round. I'd like to just eliminate one player per round. Okay with the rest of you?

2. We do not have a moderator. Who is on here every day who would like to help keep this thing moving along by telling players to post their pics, figure out who is eliminated each round and offer condolence hugs... anyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]? If no one wants to then I can do it with my judges.

3. Are we anywhere close to reaching an agreement on Film vs. TV characters. I can stick with Film Characters if that's what Dom wants to do. (Also apparently J.A.K. is weak on his TV.) anyone besides Dom feel strongly about it one way or the other?