Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   river sexy yes or no? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513525)

RudeboyOi 10-01-2007 09:55 PM

river sexy yes or no?

utg limps, i raise KKs next in, CO coldcalls (TAGgish old man doesnt get outof line too much), both blinds call, limper calls, lets see a flop...

flop is AJ6 all spades
checked to me
i bet
CO checks his cards again and raises
folds to me
i call

turn 2s
i bet
he calls

river K
i check

Bicycles_Biatch 10-01-2007 10:20 PM

Re: river sexy yes or no?

Doesn't this guy have to have exactly the Q of spades for you to even have a change of making money by check raising the river?

I'm confused.

pb87 10-01-2007 10:24 PM

I think this guy is likely to bet AT with the Ts, or 99 with the 9s or JT with the Ts, or whole host of other hands which you beat. I dont think this is a board he bluffs often, so u have little bluff induction value. I think you need to continue betting against most opponents, as they'll frequently pay off with 2 pair or smallish flushes but wont bet many worse hands.

n.s. 10-01-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this guy have to have exactly the Q of spades for you to even have a change of making money by check raising the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even then, it's not 100% that he'll call the raise.

River c/r here seems terrible to me. His call on the turn seems to say that he's either trying to get to showdown cheap, flopped a set and is drawing, or he's slowplaying and planning to raise the river (unlikely). There's a slim chance that he'll fold a set to a bet but will bet it if you check, but I think most of the time he'll make the crying call anyway, so you never gain anything by checking.

private joker 10-01-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river sexy yes or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If he called the turn he's calling the river. Just bet and get your monies from him. Why give him a chance to check behind?

HOWMANY 10-01-2007 11:49 PM

I'm pretty sure that the 4th Commandment states "thou shalt not count on old men to bet 9 or T high flushes"

NinaWilliams 10-02-2007 12:36 AM

I wouldnt try this live. Especially vs old guys. They check the Qs here no lies.

JacksonTens 10-02-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt try this live. Especially vs old guys. They check the Qs here no lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I saw one b/f 2ndNut4flush...

Seriously why are they so bad?

JT

BeakWetter 10-02-2007 10:22 AM

I think you left 97% of a BB out there. It is so rare that you will get 2 bets out of this and so common that he'll check behind with a hand that he would have called.
It changes slightly if this isn't a TAGish old man, but I bet this river almost 100% of the time.

sternroolz 10-02-2007 10:38 AM

Even the Commerce donkeys find a river fold to a c/r here, but much of the time won't bet the flush anyway.

IMO, a check here is just costing yourself money.