Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Losing a title... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302838)

livinitup0 01-10-2007 12:57 AM

Losing a title...

If a former mod gives me a custom title, do I lose it after he becomes un-modded? Or several months later for that matter?

Can I get it back?

(And for whoever was housecleaning...a pm would have been nice) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

tuq 01-10-2007 01:37 AM

Re: Losing a title...

livinitup,

Serious answer: the admins decided at some point it was rude to have posters have custom titles that weren't approved by them and officially noted in their user notes, and as such a lot have been reverted to their defaults, contingent upon their number of posts.

I've come to understand that this is because TPTB don't want to piss off any regular contributors whose titles have changed without their knowledge/permission, so if you want yours back it's just a matter of a mod doing a little legwork on your behalf. Not too hard.

Sniper 01-10-2007 03:26 AM

What was your title, who gave it to you originally, and when did you lose it?

NT! 01-10-2007 05:01 AM

i like how even when tuq is making the first post in a serious thread he has to stipulate that it's a serious answer

tuq 01-10-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like how even when tuq is making the first post in a serious thread he has to stipulate that it's a serious answer

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. Well I realize a lot of my posts in this forum are clown ones, plus for once in my life I actually knew the correct answer and wanted to make it clear I wasn't joking. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

JasonK 01-10-2007 02:28 PM

I used to have a cool title too, *. Now I'm doubly cool.

livinitup0 01-12-2007 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Shut up and pay me"
GambleGamble
a week ago.

I'm kinda over that title though, had it for a long time...any suggestions on a new one? Or is classic default the way to go?

nath 01-12-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. Well I realize a lot of my posts in this forum are clown ones, plus for once in my life I actually knew the correct answer and wanted to make it clear I wasn't joking. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, love the new username. I suggest you change your avatar to this.

nath 01-12-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Shut up and pay me"
GambleGamble
a week ago.

I'm kinda over that title though, had it for a long time...any suggestions on a new one? Or is classic default the way to go?

[/ QUOTE ]
"Shut up and title me"?

Sniper 01-12-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Shut up and pay me"
GambleGamble
a week ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

One possibility is that Ryan, or another Mod deemed the title derogatory and removed it... in any event, no one commented the change.

With so many custom titles, some people prefer the standard ones... you will note that many quality posters are proud to be Pooh-Bah's & Carpal\Tunnel [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If you think you deserve a title for your contributions in MMB, feel free to PM me.