Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $5+0.50 AQ versus minraise/minbet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557931)

mosdef 11-30-2007 11:55 AM

$5+0.50 AQ versus minraise/minbet

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1420)
UTG+1 (t1120)
Hero (t1490)
MP2 (t1370)
MP3 (t1980)
CO (t1750)
Button (t1420)
SB (t1510)
BB (t1440)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t40</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, Hero calls t40, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t30, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t140) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets t20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t125</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, UTG calls t105

Turn: (t390) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (t390) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t240</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

Preflop, I don't mind playing this multiway with a smallish pot if I get called behind, so I just call.

The minbet on the rag flop (after a minraise preflop) screams "two overs" to me. Am I wrong about this? If I am, then the line I took was terrible. Having guessed that this guy was fiddling around with two face cards, I figure I'm ahead with position so I raised. After his call, I'm looking for a cheap showdown but I didn't get it.

Jaqrabbit 11-30-2007 12:12 PM

Re: $5+0.50 AQ versus minraise/minbet

I can't come up with something other than two overs that really makes sense here. Maybe (MAYBE!) connected spades, but there's not many of those that make sense. If villain is tricky, I guess I could see an overpair, but paint makes the most sense here.

I think I'd call another small-ish bet on the river, but 240 feels high considering you're beaten by any pair.

KPL 11-30-2007 12:21 PM

I usually just muck QQ after a early position raise in early levels, but guess calling this mini raise is fine. A small bet on the flop may as well mean "I have a draw and I want to see the turn as cheaply as possible". Don't bluff in this spot-you're called way to often, the board is draw heavy and it's important to conserve chips early in a SNG

RexWoo 11-30-2007 12:31 PM

I like preflop and jsut call the flop.