Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL 10 - AK makes TPTK in reraised pot... line check (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542390)

ev_slave 11-09-2007 07:05 PM

NL 10 - AK makes TPTK in reraised pot... line check

Reads: Button is 28/25/inf with 25% steal attempted.
No reads on SB

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $14
UTG+1: $8.95
CO: $1.35
Button: $11.40
SB: $6.90
Hero: $12.30

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $0.6</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> Obviously I 3-bet if SB folds, but at this level a common min 3 bet means a big hand. The time runs down, but I decide that I probably play postflop better than SB and button probably has a marginal holding. I figure a 4-bet folds out most hands I beat from SB, so I just call and accept the risk that button is getting odds to fit or fold. </font>

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.8, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.8</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

<font color="blue"> SB leads fullpot, which probably means he's hoping to take it down now. I doubt FD is in his range. I decide that I'm probably good enough here to commit, unless button does something unexpected. I decide to call instead of shove because the result is the same if he has AA, but maybe he can fire another bet with a second best hand on the turn. </font>

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($5.4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $4.5</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Turn is a blank. He pushes, given my earlier decisions and plan this seems an easy call. Especially if he considered the time it took to make my decisions as weakness. </font>

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14.4, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $14.4)

Results:
Final pot: $14.4

Obviously the only two hands I worry about is AA/KK, which both fit into a min-3bet range. Since villain is unknown, I don't have any idea of his 3-bet or blind defense tendencies, so I don't know how much wider his range gets. Given this, do you guys still commit here? Any thoughts on the decisions to not repop PF or shove on flop? After I call on flop, what's the play if button shoves?

Thanks for all input.

Waingro 11-09-2007 08:25 PM

Re: NL 10 - AK makes TPTK in reraised pot... line check

IŽd probably shove for value pf. People with less than a full stack usually donŽt mini-3bet and then fold. Obv it is how every donk on the planet plays KK/AA, but they also 3bet Q5o.

As played, IŽd just shove the flop. Villain seems to like his hand. He might slow down if a third spade falls and he doesnŽt have a spade.