Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AQh floated flop, what's my turn action? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385582)

wikemang 04-22-2007 06:58 PM

AQh floated flop, what\'s my turn action?

No real reads of villain as I've just sat down at the table. I felt like if I hit either an ace of queen on the turn, I would have the best hand. I might even have had the best hand on the flop. Anyways, here it is:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $12.45
BB: $30.15
UTG: $46.95
CO: $27.60
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $30.35</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($4.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, Hero?

What's my turn action given the way things played out? As a separate question, would you act differently on the flop (fold or raise)? I was really lost in this hand. Thanks in advance for your help.

lexxor 04-22-2007 07:03 PM

Re: AQh floated flop, what\'s my turn action?

A donk into your raises means strength. but to find out i would have raised him to lets say 3-4$ on the flop if called your getting a free showdown most of the time. if reraised just fold, my opinion.

SirFelixCat 04-22-2007 07:05 PM

You have two choices here: raise or fold. Then again, I'd have done that on the flop...either raise or fold.

That said, you floated the flop, so might as well raise here to about $7 and fold to a reraise, obviously.

But calling with just overs on a dry flop vs an unknown is bad.

JNuey 04-22-2007 08:38 PM

Raise flop, push turn.

shymijo2love4 04-22-2007 08:43 PM

why would u raise preflop? dont you want to draw more people in with a hand like this? when you raise i think your looking to win a small pot not stacks. i like calling here preflop. i would just call the raise on the turn hope to hit a good card on the rive.

Vyse 04-22-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would u raise preflop? dont you want to draw more people in with a hand like this? when you raise i think your looking to win a small pot not stacks. i like calling here preflop. i would just call the raise on the turn hope to hit a good card on the rive.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao @ you

Das Budrick 04-22-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is this. raise preflop obv

raise to $3 on the flop, as stated earlier villain's flop donk indicates strength and you want to stay in control of the action. as played it is raise or fold on turn also, this would depend on your read of the villain, I would probably raise to $6-7

catfish_01 04-22-2007 10:05 PM

Some villians donk it up on paired boards because they don't believe your overcards hit; I think raising an unknown's donk bet on a paired board basically represents an overpair and makes the hand easier to play.

LOwrestling2001 04-23-2007 01:53 AM

just call the turn bet, villain is giving us odds to hit our flush, you don't want to raise and then get shoved over, pushing us off our draw. we are only drawing dead against a boat, which is unlikely.

Loc0Loc0 04-23-2007 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EL OH EL

Please raise everytime