Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Which baseball 'choking' scenario is worse? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513193)

Triumph36 10-01-2007 02:27 PM

Which baseball \'choking\' scenario is worse?

Just curious what people think. oops, can't edit poll - I mean 'team blows lead to finish out of the playoffs', obv.

nutshot2 10-01-2007 02:29 PM

Re: Which baseball \'choking\' scenario is worse?

I just about died inside when the Yankees blew the 3-0 lead against Boston in the ALCS... I can't see how this Mets collapse could be worse than that.

johnnylovescandy 10-01-2007 02:37 PM

But Mets collapse IS worse than that. The Mets lost to every losing team under the sun during their implosion. At least the Red Sox went on to win World Series after 3-0 comeback...

nutshot2 10-01-2007 02:40 PM

Which makes it even worse for us, because it could have easily been us winning the WS. I guess its sort of similar, because ONE WIN would have brought either team to where they wanted to be. But ALCS 4 in a row is worse than the last 7 games of the regular season. I just can't imagine it feeling worse than I felt that year.

DonkeyKongSr 10-01-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just about died inside when the Yankees blew the 3-0 lead against Boston in the ALCS... I can't see how this Mets collapse could be worse than that.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Which makes it even worse for us, because it could have easily been us winning the WS. I guess its sort of similar, because ONE WIN would have brought either team to where they wanted to be. But ALCS 4 in a row is worse than the last 7 games of the regular season. I just can't imagine it feeling worse than I felt that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I a bad person because I smiled when I read these posts?

johnnylovescandy 10-01-2007 02:48 PM

If Boston beats Yanks again, this could turn into the biggest anti-NY MLB thread of the century...

nutshot2 10-01-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I a bad person because I smiled when I read these posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it just makes you un-American

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

metsandfinsfan 10-01-2007 02:53 PM

the yankees collapse is worse cause they did it directly against the redsox

the mets lost to the marlins and nats .. horrible awful but probably not as painfully as choking against the phillies in a playoff series would have been

johnnylovescandy 10-01-2007 02:57 PM

Except the Phillies kept kicking the sh*t out of the Mets at Shea, along with Nats & Marlins. Even worse, Marlins can't beat Phillies anymore, so now the Fish have new whipping boys in Mets, LOLOL!!!

offTopic 10-01-2007 02:57 PM

[x] 2002 SF Giants