Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Universal Replayer V1.4 available (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400528)

Popopop 05-11-2007 06:08 AM

Universal Replayer V1.4 available

Hi.

Just released V1.4 of my replayer.

<u>What is Universal Replayer ?</u>

=&gt;It's a (100% free) poker hand history replayer that allows you to replay, comment, analyse, export, store, etc... any poker sessions.
=&gt;It supports Hold'em &amp; Omaha ( regular or hi/lo ) of PokerStars, PartyPoker, FullTilt, Everest and any room of iPoker, Criptologic and OnGame networks.
=&gt;Replay has been made very easy : a simple drag &amp; drop of the history file will do the job. It's even more simple since V1.4 ( see below ), since you now have nothing to do.
=&gt;Graphical interface has been made to display the exact look &amp; feel you get when you actually play poker on you favorite poker room. "Skins" available are
PokerStars ( classic ), PokerStars ( simple ), FullTilt, Betfair ( old room from Criptologic ), PartyPoker &amp; Winamax ( PokerRoom-like )
=&gt;It's used by some nice institutional sites, like sng icons.

<u>What's new in V1.4?</u>

=&gt;Full Tilt support : hold'em, omaha. A FT skin is also available.
=&gt;Automatic SCAN : This is one VERY usefull feature. You simply tell ( only once ) the replayer where your HH folder is ( EX: c:\ProgramFiles\PokerStars\History ) on your hard drive.
The scan function ( which is run at every startup or may be run manually ) actully "scans" those HH folders ( you can define as many as you want ), see if you've
played any new session since last runtime, convert them, and load the last one automatically. Basically, you play, and when you're done, you run the replayer, and it's all ready to replay
( not a single action to do )
=&gt;LIVE Replaying : Play at least a hand, then run the scan features : that hand should load automatically. Then select the "launch tracking menu", and the replay
binds itself to you running session. Each time a hand ends, the replayer updates itself, and you can at once see mucked cards, chips graphs evolutions, or simple replay that hand you didn't see
cause you where in the bathrooms. Important : the feature won't work if you fail to define your "main storage folder" (you'll see)
=&gt;INTERNATIONALIZATION : Universal replayer is now available in english, french, german &amp; dutch. More langage to come very soon ( btw, if you want help me to add a translation, please email me )
=&gt; Few graphical adjustments. For exemple, the replayer now fits in 1024x768 desktop, it centers on the screen, and the "dos" window now disapears.

Note : the automatic scan &amp; live replay features are available on every poker room the soft basically supports, but OnGame network.

The URL : http://www.popopop-poker.net/article.php3?id_article=29
From there, you can go to the download page, where you have some install help, and a quick-start user documentation.

If you have any question, suggestion, complain, or trouble using it, etc..., please email me : popopop.poker@gmail.com

Cheers

Popopop 05-12-2007 06:27 AM

Re: Universal Replayer V1.4 available

Sorry for those who mailed be because they had trouble downloading the player : my server crashed. It's ok now.

curious123 05-12-2007 02:19 PM

Still may favorite replayer, pop. Any plans for UB support, though?

Popopop 05-13-2007 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still may favorite replayer, pop. Any plans for UB support, though?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll extend the compatibility range to any room, as long as someone can supply me with a bunch of sample HH.
The requirements are always the same :

&gt; some ring game ( limit doesn't matter )
&gt; some sng
&gt; some MTT that went far enough to see ante.
&gt; some HE &amp; some Omaha ( regular and hi/lo )
&gt; + some intel about how HH are stored on the hard drive.

PS : are you the "Kurt" that wrote to me on my email recently ?

curious123 05-13-2007 03:30 PM

No, not Kurt. I have plenty of holdem hands, and can prob get Omaha too. I'll ship a bunch to you this week, thanks.

meleader2 05-13-2007 05:05 PM

Error: cannot find 'javaw'

upon running batch file...

Popopop 05-13-2007 07:20 PM

Do you have "java" installed on your computer?
Try to hit "java" in a MSDOS shell. If nothing comes out, it means you don't have java installed.
Type "java" in google, first result is ok, and download it.

Popopop 05-13-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, not Kurt. I have plenty of holdem hands, and can prob get Omaha too. I'll ship a bunch to you this week, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, sorry for asking. A Kurt emailed me recently with some request about UB...
But something worries me about UB HHs : are they stored on the hard drive somewhere ?

curious123 05-13-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But something worries me about UB HHs : are they stored on the hard drive somewhere ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no, UB doesn't, but if you use PAHud/GameTime/UltimateHistory (PokerTracker add-ons) they'll grab the HHs from the HH window and write them to a file. Most people who would use the replayer would already be using one of these.

Will that work?

ghidorah 05-13-2007 09:52 PM

Nice, this thing is slicker than poop through a goose

meleader2 05-13-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have "java" installed on your computer?
Try to hit "java" in a MSDOS shell. If nothing comes out, it means you don't have java installed.
Type "java" in google, first result is ok, and download it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thanks. this is pretty sweet.

Popopop 05-14-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no, UB doesn't, but if you use PAHud/GameTime/UltimateHistory (PokerTracker add-ons) they'll grab the HHs from the HH window and write them to a file. Most people who would use the replayer would already be using one of these.

Will that work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i guess.
You mean that basically, people will need to have PT to get the HHs ?

curious123 05-14-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, i guess.
You mean that basically, people will need to have PT to get the HHs ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not necessarily. Ultimate History and GameTime are both free and don't require PT to work.

DonkBluffer 05-14-2007 08:04 PM

I just installed the new version of your program because I thought of it, without reading this thread. :P

But I also have that 'can't find javaw' error and I have java installed. Could it be because I have windows vista?

Popopop 05-15-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just installed the new version of your program because I thought of it, without reading this thread. :P

But I also have that 'can't find javaw' error and I have java installed. Could it be because I have windows vista?

[/ QUOTE ]

When did you install Java on your computer ? lately ? One common pb is the version of your "vitural machine". One easy way to find out is to run a MsDOS console ( throught the "start" menu, or throught the "execute" command ( type "cmd" ). Then, just try "java -version" ( without the quotes ) from any directory. This should give you your current virtual machine version. 3 possibilities :

&gt; You get version &lt; 1.5. It MUST be at least 1.5. If it's older, you must update it ( free, type "java" in google ).

&gt; It seems to be up to date ( &gt; 1.5 ). In this case, i have a serious pb ( may be due to Vista ). Please let me know as soon as possible.

&gt; No outcome ( or a "unknow command : java" -style ). It means you either don't have java installed anymore ( don't know why ) or it wasn't installed properly. In the later case, you can either re-install it, or fix it. But fixing is a bit tricky, and you should rather try all i said before proceeding. If nothing works, i'll explain in details what you should do to fix it.

Jagz7 05-15-2007 04:15 AM

lol im ive been trying to find this, thanks alot

DonkBluffer 05-15-2007 08:12 AM

What you said didn't work, but I'm a noob, but when I go to the java website I get this:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8346/javavy2.jpg

Popopop 05-15-2007 09:57 AM

I'm note sure i understand...
In the end... did you manage to make it work or not ?

If not, i'll investigate tonight ( french time ) with a friend that has vista.

DonkBluffer 05-15-2007 11:03 AM

I'm sorry. The program doesn't work, but apparently java is installed correctly.

Alfil 05-15-2007 12:34 PM

I'm having problems installing it as well. If I run the shell script I get:
Usage: jave etc...
popopop.sh: line 2: session.jar: command not found
popopop.sh: line 2: xbean.jar: command not found
popopop.sh: line 2: jsr173_api.jar: command not found
popopop.sh: line 2: conf/properties: is a directory

and if I run it on the command line I get:
Usage: jave etc...
-bash: session.jar: command not found
-bash: xbean.jar: command not found
-bash: jsr173_api.jar: command not found
[1] 612
abyss:/Applications/PopopopPlayer noname$ -bash: conf/properties: is a directory

[1]+ Exit 126 conf/properties application.MainController
abyss:/Applications/PopopopPlayer

Any thoughts?

Popopop 05-15-2007 02:50 PM

are you on windows ? linux ? MacOsX ?
What's "jave" ?

Did you try the "popopop.bat" file ?

Alfil 05-16-2007 01:28 AM

OSX 10.4.8
Java 1.5.0
This is what the shell script I have..
#!/usr/bin/sh
java -cp popopop_player.jar;session.jar;xbean.jar;jsr173_ap i.jar;conf/properties application.MainController &amp;

Popopop 05-16-2007 04:36 AM

Ok : here's a possible solution : edit the script, and replace all ";" with ":"
The "path separator" is different with MacOSX.

WiltOnTilt 05-16-2007 05:11 PM

Is there a step by step helpfile on how to use this program?

I tried exporting some hand histories from PT, it won't even recognize the FTP ones but it will recognize the PS ones.

So then I put them in a folder, did the scan function and it appears to have created an XML file for each PS session but not the FTP sessions.

So then I went to the file -&gt; open, selected a PS xml file, it loaded the players onto the table but I can't seem to click play. It doesn't do anything. I clicked the green boxes at the bottom and it changed around the players, but again I can't play.

I think to make this app good you realy need to have it find sessions directly out of the PT db. I think you should be able to select a session from there, have it grab the hh/put it into xml/whatever you need.

Also there should be a way to show only my hole cards and hide everyone else's when replaying a hand (if this functionality doesn't already exist).

Thanks
KoW

DWarrior 05-16-2007 06:22 PM

I couldn't get the HH copy/pasted out of my PT to work, using FTP history 6max.

Also, once this does work, the way I go over HHs now is through the Game Notes tab in PT, filtered for a specific day. Then I go over the biggest pots lost/won. Is it possible to replicate this functionality in your player, or would I have to export the hands I want to replay?

iSTRONG 05-18-2007 05:28 AM

Popopop,

Amazing stuff man. I have been looking for something like this for ages and your replayer works perfect with partypoker. I love how you can highlight specific hands (great for coaching).
Keep up the good work!

Popopop 05-18-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a step by step helpfile on how to use this program?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and i apologize for this. I'm currently working on a dedicated website for the replayer, with video ( you-tube like ) explaining how to use the different features, configure it etc...

[ QUOTE ]

I tried exporting some hand histories from PT, it won't even recognize the FTP ones but it will recognize the PS ones.

So then I put them in a folder, did the scan function and it appears to have created an XML file for each PS session but not the FTP sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is weird. I've beta tested the replayer with many Full Tilt users, and it seemed to work fine. But none of my "beta testers" extract their FT files from PT. They just notified the hard drive FT log folder ( c:\ProgramFiles\FullTilt\History for example... ) in the "scan/scan folders menu".

I wonder if PT modifies the history files before adding them to you DB. Another explanation is that you only have very old FT histories, old enough to hold a different format than the one used today.

[ QUOTE ]

So then I went to the file -&gt; open, selected a PS xml file, it loaded the players onto the table but I can't seem to click play. It doesn't do anything. I clicked the green boxes at the bottom and it changed around the players, but again I can't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This surprises me too. When you click the play button ( just below the table, between the step back/step forward buttons ), the icon should turn into a square ( to stop the playing ), and the table should start playing. The playing speed is not configurable "on-the-fly" ( you can change it in the option menu ), which is a real void i'm intended to fill in the next release.

The fact is i never use myself this button. When i replay a session, i don't want to do it like i'm watching a movie. That's because i'm not patient enough to replay the whole thing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . I need to browse quickly throughout the session, and for each hand, i don't want to wait for the 7 not involved players to fold their hand. I use 3 differents browsing devices :
1) The "green bar", at the bottom of the window. It represents the session, and each rectangle is a hand. When you watch your chips evolution ( in the "graph tab" ) the exact same bar serves a the absciss coordinate, and you can double click anwhere on the graph to jump straight to this hand.
2) The "street-slider" ( on the left, just below the table ). I can easily jump to a specific street ( no need to clic "play", wait for the entire hand to pass and eventually reach the river if that's what i want to analyse ).
3) The step back / step forward buttons, which allows me to move throught the different "actions" ( call, fold, raise, etc.. ) of the hand.

But when you want to watch a entire session, and especially a session that's not yours, the play button is usefull. I just need to add a slider to tweak playing speed.

I don't understand why i doens't work for you.

If you want me to help find out what's wrong ( i'll cheerfully do it ), i need you to send me at least one sample of your non-working FT file, and one sample of your non-replaying PS hand. My email is popopop-poker@gmail.com

[ QUOTE ]

I think to make this app good you realy need to have it find sessions directly out of the PT db. I think you should be able to select a session from there, have it grab the hh/put it into xml/whatever you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not developped ( yet ) any special connectivity with PT. But I know PT is popular and i'll fill this void in a next release.
I don't know exactly how PT stores the HH ( i don't have it myself ). But if your HH are in some kind of folder, here is a thing that works : you drag &amp; drop the file on my replayer, tell him what poker room it's from, and that's it.

[ QUOTE ]

Also there should be a way to show only my hole cards and hide everyone else's when replaying a hand (if this functionality doesn't already exist).

Thanks
KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's a checkbox ( on the right panel ) that allows you to preview the showed and mucked cards, but if you don't touch it, you should only be able to see your hole cards only...

Popopop 05-18-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't get the HH copy/pasted out of my PT to work, using FTP history 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what's not working... And i don't know "FTP history 6max". Is this another tool ? ( note : i don't have PT myself... )
If you have a sample of FT file that's not working, i could help you if you'd email it to me ( popopop.poker@gmail.com )

[ QUOTE ]

Also, once this does work, the way I go over HHs now is through the Game Notes tab in PT, filtered for a specific day. Then I go over the biggest pots lost/won. Is it possible to replicate this functionality in your player, or would I have to export the hands I want to replay?

[/ QUOTE ]

As for today, there's no such feature in my replayer. The pb is i don't handle the converted files as some kind of database. But i receive a lot of requests asking me for such features, so i'm going to think about it seriously for the next release...

Popopop 05-18-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Popopop,

Amazing stuff man. I have been looking for something like this for ages and your replayer works perfect with partypoker. I love how you can highlight specific hands (great for coaching).
Keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sheetah 05-30-2007 07:20 PM

BUMP

So cool. Great Job Popopop!

Popopop 06-05-2007 05:18 AM

Just a quick update :
For all you guys that faced installation problems, everything is fixed now. I deploy my software with java web start and it's much more simple:

Whether you're on windows, linux, macosX, etc..., there's only on simple link to clic on. Go to the download page : http://www.popopop-poker.net/downloadPlayer_en.php3
and select the java web start install. You'll have to say "yes" a couple times, but that's it.

Another great advantage: from now on, every time you'll launch the replayer, if there's any update on the server, it will automatically update itself.

canta 06-05-2007 05:00 PM

When using the original Pokerstars handhistories it works. But when i export the same file from Pokertracker it wont work and i get this message:
[050607 22:55:46] Parsing data...
[050607 22:55:46] Error : Round corrupted : 10287061037
String index out of range: -1

The only difference i can see between the two handhistory files is the filename and two extra spaces between each hand in the pokerstars file.

Popopop 06-05-2007 06:56 PM

I have developped no connectivity with PokerTracker yet, but it's in progress.

About this tiny difference ( two extra spaces between each hand ), i've just uploaded a fix. If you have installed the software throught java web start, you just need to re-run it, and it should work.

canta 06-05-2007 11:52 PM

sorry, still same problem.

Popopop 06-06-2007 03:29 AM

my mistake.
Forgot to activate the auto update. You'll need to re-click on the download link on my site to get the latest release. The new desktop icon will integrate the auto update ( so it is supposed to be the last time you do this install ).

If your problem remains, could you please send me a sample HH on my email ( popopop.poker@gmail.com ). Thx [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

canta 06-06-2007 06:12 PM

I couldnt get it working, i emailed you the two files. Probably me doing something wrong.

livecards 06-06-2007 09:18 PM

I've been looking for something like this for a while. This is a very useful program. Thanks for making reviewing hand histories a more enjoyable and more efficient process. I look forward to future releases. Thank you, Popopop.

phatjeffrey 06-07-2007 03:02 AM

anyone can post a short graphical tutorial of how to export a hand from PT into the replayer... cause all i can do now is import a file with like a 100 hands.. i cant get how to just import 1 hand.. thx

Popopop 06-07-2007 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldnt get it working, i emailed you the two files. Probably me doing something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I replied to you mail. This pb is fixed, but i can't garanty you won't face some others, because, like i said above, there's no direct connectivity with PT. The problem is that PT modifies a little the HH file, and they may be no longer understandable by my replayer, which expect the original HH format from every room supported.

But : here is a quick tutorial on how to use the replayer without exporting anything from PT:

1) The first time you run the replayer, you will be asked to select a directory where all converted hand will go. You can modify this folder ( but i don't recommend it, cause you may forget to move the popScan.xml file along ) in the menu "scan/scan folders", on the top textfield.

2) In this very same menu, you can specify the different "history" folder you have on your hard drive, with the matching poker room. For instance, if you play on PS, you'll add a folder looking like "c:\Program Files\PokerStars\History".

3) You're done. From now on, every time you'll run the replayer or the "scan/launch scan" menu, the replayer will convert every HH that you've played since last scan ( the first scan might last a bit long ). You don't have any conversion or export to do. It's all done automatically.

Basically, you don't have to export your HH from PT. If it's a game you've just played, it will be automatically displayed when you run the replayer. The "file/last played" menu also displays the last 10 games.
If it's a game you played some time ago, just look inside the folder above mentionned ( step 1 ). You'll find all converted files ( with the .xml extension ), with their explicit names. When you've spotted the file you need, simply drag &amp; drop it in the replayer.

I'm willing to work on that PT compatibility, but in the meantime, i think you can use the replayer with very little effort.

phatjeffrey 06-07-2007 05:21 PM

Thanks man !! keep up the great work .