Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   HE player tries stud8b-How did I do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=115920)

mblax10 05-17-2006 10:05 PM

HE player tries stud8b-How did I do?

I'm trying out Stud 8b after playing lots of HE. Here's what I was thinking on each street, how did I play the hand and was my thought process good?

3rd-Bring in for mimium trying to disguise my hand
4th-Pick up a low draw, so I'll peel 1 last to act
5th-I may be beat and drawing to 2nd best low here. Is betting to see where I'm at a bad idea? Is my call ok?
6th-My 2 pair should be good right? I wantend an overcall from Nath's low or low-draw. Looking back I think I raise here to try and fold Nath and clean up my low outs.
7th-When Failus checks, I think my 2 pair is good. bet for value

PokerStars Game #4968881705: 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo Limit ($1/$2) - 2006/05/17 - 21:38:49 (ET)
Table 'Phoinix' 8-max
Seat 1: thatfnmb ($43.20 in chips)
Seat 2: nath ($39.40 in chips)
Seat 3: blueduck ($38.90 in chips)
Seat 4: musclemany ($24.75 in chips)
Seat 5: Falius ($33.50 in chips)
Seat 6: tanmann69 ($58.15 in chips)
Seat 7: lynchie ($17 in chips)
Seat 8: 1Mysterious1 ($26.10 in chips)
thatfnmb: posts the ante $0.10
nath: posts the ante $0.10
blueduck: posts the ante $0.10
musclemany: posts the ante $0.10
Falius: posts the ante $0.10
tanmann69: posts the ante $0.10
lynchie: posts the ante $0.10
1Mysterious1: posts the ante $0.10
*** 3rd STREET ***
Dealt to thatfnmb [Ac Ah 2d]
Dealt to nath [3d]
Dealt to blueduck [8d]
Dealt to musclemany [9s]
Dealt to Falius [7c]
Dealt to tanmann69 [Kh]
Dealt to lynchie [Qs]
Dealt to 1Mysterious1 [Qd]
thatfnmb: brings-in low $0.50
nath: calls $0.50
blueduck: folds
musclemany: folds
Falius: raises $0.50 to $1
tanmann69: folds
lynchie: calls $1
1Mysterious1: folds
thatfnmb: calls $0.50
nath: calls $0.50
*** 4th STREET ***
Dealt to thatfnmb [Ac Ah 2d] [4h]
Dealt to nath [3d] [As]
Dealt to Falius [7c] [Th]
Dealt to lynchie [Qs] [6d]
nath: bets $1
Falius: calls $1
lynchie: folds
thatfnmb: calls $1
*** 5th STREET ***
Dealt to thatfnmb [Ac Ah 2d 4h] [7d]
Dealt to nath [3d As] [5c]
Dealt to Falius [7c Th] [7h]
Falius: checks
thatfnmb: checks
nath: bets $2
Falius: calls $2
thatfnmb: calls $2
*** 6th STREET ***
Dealt to thatfnmb [Ac Ah 2d 4h 7d] [2s]
Dealt to nath [3d As 5c] [Td]
Dealt to Falius [7c Th 7h] [Jd]
Falius: bets $2
thatfnmb: calls $2
nath: calls $2
*** RIVER ***
Dealt to thatfnmb [Ac Ah 2d 4h 7d 2s] [9h]
Falius: checks
thatfnmb: bets $2
nath: calls $2
Falius: calls $2

Alchemist 05-17-2006 10:13 PM

Re: HE player tries stud8b-How did I do?

Converted...analysis to follow

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.80 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (3.90 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (6.90 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.90 BB)
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]____bets
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx ____calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx ____calls

Total pot: (9.90 BB)

Andy B 05-17-2006 10:36 PM

I would raise when it comes back to me on third street. I would raise fourth. I would probably bet fifth, but I'm OK with the chicken-call. Sixth is confusing enough that I think that calling is just fine. I do like the river bet.

Raul Wong 05-18-2006 12:48 AM

I would be more aggresive on 3rd and 4th. I dont mind 5th because the other guyh has a scary board.

Why is the action on you first on the river? hhmmmm, If I was checked to I would DEF bet.

Alchemist 05-18-2006 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is the action on you first on the river? hhmmmm, If I was checked to I would DEF bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my fault in editing the OP. The first action should have been Seat 5 checking.