Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official*** Mizzou vs. Oklahoma Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554631)

88jayhawks 11-26-2007 02:38 AM

***Official*** Mizzou vs. Oklahoma Thread

I hate to say it, but i have to cheer for Mizzou in this game for KU to go a BCS game.

it makes me puke.

iron81 11-26-2007 03:53 AM

Re: ***Official*** Mizzou vs. Oklahoma Thread

Don't worry about it, Kansas is a lock for a BCS game.

sean c 11-26-2007 10:40 AM

I like Mizzou. They played well in Norman. Oklahoma has sucked on the road this year. Temple is in and Murray is out. English may also be out. As long as Missouri doesn't come out and play tight because of the stakes I think they win.

KUJustin 11-26-2007 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. You're pretty sure we'd get in over a 2-loss Mizzou? I don't think either of us would be in the top 4 and thus guaranteed. It's pretty much whoever the bowls want right?

TomCollins 11-26-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kansas getting a BCS game over Missouri should be a crime.

GO SOONERS!

88jayhawks 11-26-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kansas getting a BCS game over Missouri should be a crime.

GO SOONERS!

[/ QUOTE ]

if OU beats Mizzou, we will not get a BCS bowl, imo. I was surprised, however, that after losing to MU, we were still #5. the computers like us. I think we still need Mizzou to win, if they i think we go to the Fiesta and a team like ASU or something, which would be pretty cool.

iron81 11-26-2007 01:21 PM

The Fiesta is tied into the B12 champion, so you won't go there.

tdarko 11-26-2007 01:35 PM

Mizzou lost by 10 on the road and played OU tough and I think Mizzou is much better right now than on the second week of October. I also think it takes getting away from Norman and everything clicking to beat OU--this game is going to be a great game, can't wait.

Fiancee's brother and father are going down to San Antonio to the game, her father originally invited me but I can't go b/c of my bachelor party--would be a sweet game to go to. I went to the OU/Neb Champ game last year at Arrowhead which was a great location but I think this game will be a much better game.

pvn 11-26-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Fiesta is tied into the B12 champion, so you won't go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If mizzou wins, they won't be going to the fiesta bowl, DUCY?

88jayhawks 11-26-2007 02:07 PM

I think Mizzou can beat OU. OU has not played well on the road and i think they are playing really well with a lot of confidence.

THEOSU 11-26-2007 02:26 PM

i'm a big fan of rodgers and hammerstein, so gooooo oklahoma!

88jayhawks 11-26-2007 03:20 PM

DeMarco Murray (OU) out for the year with a dislocated kneecap. [censored] that would hurt. for the people with more knowledge on OU, how does this change things?

cardsfan04 11-27-2007 11:31 PM

I'm pretty sure Murray only had less than 10 touches the first time Mizzou/OK played, but I could be wrong. I wasn't paying full attention to SportsCenter.

Also, I thought I heard that each conference could only get 1 BCS game. Is this true? Does that change if the BCS game is the title game? Did I just dream this up?

illini43 11-27-2007 11:33 PM

GO ILLINI (OKLAHOMA)

illini43 11-27-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Murray only had less than 10 touches the first time Mizzou/OK played, but I could be wrong. I wasn't paying full attention to SportsCenter.

Also, I thought I heard that each conference could only get 1 BCS game. Is this true? Does that change if the BCS game is the title game? Did I just dream this up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Each conference can have, at most 2 BCS bids.

cardsfan04 11-27-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Each conference can have, at most 2 BCS bids.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, that makes more sense.

suzzer99 11-28-2007 12:30 AM

Even if they have 3 teams in the top 4?

TomCollins 11-28-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It is even possible for a conference champion to be denied a bid if #1 and #2 are from the same conference (but not the champion).

commish223 11-28-2007 01:26 AM

OSU here.

BOOOOOOOOMER..........

BigSoonerFan 11-28-2007 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it makes sense, considering that if 3 of the top 4 teams are from one conference, there usually isn't enough competitiveness in the conference or OOC games. Compared to the SEC and PAC-10, I'd say that was the case here. This year Oklahoma and Kansas have the weakest schedules. If OU loses, they don't deserve a BCS bowl. If Missouri loses, they get screwed.

Essentially the same thing happened last year in the Big Ten.

TomCollins 11-28-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OSU here.

BOOOOOOOOMER..........

[/ QUOTE ]

SOOOOOOOONER!

KUJustin 11-28-2007 01:03 PM

Dallas Morning News and Arizona Republic have both reported that the fiesta has stated they want Kansas if they're available. Orange and Rose pick before the Fiesta, but Orange will surely take Georgia over a 2-loss Mizzou, and Rose would probably take Illinois. This would mean KU to Fiesta no matter what, and MU to Cotton if they lose.

TomCollins 11-28-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas Morning News and Arizona Republic have both reported that the fiesta has stated they want Kansas if they're available. Orange and Rose pick before the Fiesta, but Orange will surely take Georgia over a 2-loss Mizzou, and Rose would probably take Illinois. This would mean KU to Fiesta no matter what, and MU to Cotton if they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything more lame than an inter-conference bowl game?

iron81 11-28-2007 02:32 PM

Although I want OSU to play in the NC game, one reason it would be nice for Missouri to win would be it would make these predictions much simpler:

Rose: OSU v USC
Fiesta: Kansas v ASU
Orange: Georgia v ACC winner
Sugar: Hawaii v SEC winner

Ship it, holla.

Also, I think there's a rule that teams from the same conference can't meet in a bowl game unless its the NC game.

damaniac 11-28-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much every bowl game.

TomCollins 11-28-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much every bowl game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh I'm a retard, I always get intra and inter confused.

bottomset 11-28-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um how is Illinois getting an at large??

illini43 11-28-2007 03:35 PM

Because we are awesome...

If we get into the top 14 (or maybe they expanded it to 18??? Not sure) of the BCS standings and OSU moves up to the NC, we have a good chance of getting picked to go to the Rose Bowl because they love the Pac 10/Big 10 matchup.

It's not like Illinois is some slouchy team.

3 losses - one bad one @ Iowa 10-6 where if one receiver lined up a yard back we would have won. Another against Mizzou by 6 on a neutral field and @ home vs. Michigan by 10 (stupid Kyle Hudson).

With big wins over ranked Wisconsin and Penn St. teams at home as well as the big one @OSU, its hard to really slam the Illini that much. Since Michigan doesn't have 9 wins, if another Big Ten team was selected, it would be Illinois.

It looks like the Fiesta bowl is out, but if Mizzou or Oklahoma loses, I think we have a good chance of going to the Rose Bowl if OSU moves up to 1 or 2.

thac 11-28-2007 03:36 PM

Sooooooooooners!!

(but only so my Buckeyes can lose to WV in the NC)

mutigers5591 11-28-2007 04:53 PM

i dont think missouri deserves much more then the cotton bowl if they cant beat oklahoma given a second chance imo....however it would be disappointing (and stupid) for kansas to get into a bcs bowl over missouri if they do lose to oklahoma..although that is what will happen by most accounts

iron81 11-28-2007 05:08 PM

What would also make the predictions simpler would be if I weren't such an idiot to forget Oklahoma:

Rose: OSU v. USC
Fiesta: Oklahoma v. Georgia
Orange: Kansas v. ACC winner
Sugar: Hawaii v. SEC winner

KUJustin 11-28-2007 05:10 PM

I don't think it's that egregious for 11-1 Kansas to get in ahead of 11-2 Missouri even if Kansas did lose the head-to-head and both of MU's losses were to Oklahoma. Just because OU is a top 10 team doesn't mean you get to pretend those losses didn't happen. Also, I don't think there's much appeal in yet another OU-MU match-up if OU has already won it twice.

On the Illinois subject, I would agree with the Rose bowl taking them. Everyone calls the Rose weird for being all about tradition/history but I think it contributes to the bowl's immense popularity. Illinois has had some very bad performances and some very good performances. If you're looking for potential upset drama, they're a great choice.

KUJustin 11-28-2007 05:13 PM

iron81, there is no way the Orange takes Kansas ahead of Georgia. Also, you need to go back to forgetting Oklahoma again. Since you have OSU in the Rose, you must have MU in the NC, so Oklahoma is out (only 2 from a conference).

iron81 11-28-2007 05:21 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/conte...ds_315x420.jpg

Pretty please, one more shot if Missouri wins?

Rose: Kansas v. USC
Fiesta: Oklahoma v. ASU
Orange: Georgia v. ACC
Sugar: Hawaii v. SEC

I just hope this one doesn't sound stupid.

duracell 11-28-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/conte...ds_315x420.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense if Missouri loses. If they win, replace Oklahoma with OSU, then swap OSU and Kansas.

illini43 11-28-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the Illinois subject, I would agree with the Rose bowl taking them. Everyone calls the Rose weird for being all about tradition/history but I think it contributes to the bowl's immense popularity. Illinois has had some very bad performances and some very good performances. If you're looking for potential upset drama, they're a great choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree.

iron81 11-28-2007 05:40 PM

Jesus Christ. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Its one thing to stick your foot in your mouth, but to do it 3 times in a row?

BigSoonerFan 11-28-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two teams from each conference (unless the NC doesn't count?), so Missouri, Kansas and OU can't all go.

KUJustin 11-28-2007 08:50 PM

iron, at least you made an effort to lay it out there when no one else is.

I agree that your list is pretty reasonable if Missouri loses. I think the Rose takes Illinois over us, but I would be thrilled to go to the Rose bowl.

ADLinden 11-28-2007 09:25 PM

go sooners, one time