Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   POTW college football (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545731)

cruzgator5220 11-14-2007 02:06 AM

POTW college football

Going through a bad strech the last two weeks. I need your guys picks of the week this week to get me back on track. What are your picks?
Right now i like:
Oregon -12
@ Arizona

Maryland + 7.5
@FSU

Oklahoma -8
@ Texas Tech

Florida Atl
@ Florida -34

Missouri -7
@ K State

johnnylovescandy 11-14-2007 03:47 AM

Re: POTW college football

Definitely Florida Atl +35 (buy +1 pt)

CardSharpCook 11-14-2007 03:59 AM

I'd stay away from Ore/ari. I've been watching pac10 games all year and while Oregon offense is that good, Arizona offense is pretty good too. Oregon defense is NOT that good. My initial instinct was to bet arizona on this one, but sagarin numbers have convinced me to simply stay away from the game. I'm likely to bet the other side of Kstate/miz. In fact, the only bet I think you have the right side of is Maryland @FSU, but I don't really like that bet as I think FSU has underperformed all year according to their talent level.

My POTW was Ball State tonight. Two other games I have particular fondness for are Utah St. (ML and points) and No Ill +15.5. I have trouble seeing Navy's defense allowing their rather impressive offense to beat anyone by more than 2 TDs.

humdinger 11-14-2007 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Going through a bad strech the last two weeks. I need your guys picks of the week this week to get me back on track. What are your picks?
Right now i like:
Oregon -12
@ Arizona

Maryland + 7.5
@FSU

Oklahoma -8
@ Texas Tech

Florida Atl
@ Florida -34

Missouri -7
@ K State

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, I think you'll continue to struggle as long as 60% of the games you like involve road favorites.

Best of luck,

hd

cruzgator5220 11-14-2007 02:12 PM

I know road favorites aren't the right way to go, but i am just looking for 1 game and i didn't see that many great lines this week.

cruzgator5220 11-14-2007 02:21 PM

Why aren't you guys on Missouri? They have been playing well the last few weeks and K State is terrible. Just look at the Nebraksa game. K-State has played good at home, but the only good game they played at home was Kansas. While Missouri is 3-0 Ats on the road this year. I know that there is a possible look ahead to Kansas, but i don't think this will happen because they can't drop a game if they want to get into the Big 12 chapionship game.

NajdorfDefense 11-14-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't you guys on Missouri? ...I know that there is a possible look ahead to Kansas,

[/ QUOTE ]

Laying 7 on road to decent home team that almost beat Kansas? Can't imagine. Is it a lock?

cruzgator5220 11-14-2007 03:37 PM

Don't think it is a lock per say, Missouri beat a good home team @colorado 55-10. Not saying i am taking this pick, maybe its one of those to good to be true.

AAmucked 11-14-2007 03:47 PM

You convinced me. Definitely not a lock but there's plenty of value there. I also like Cal -7 @ Wash minus Jake Locker

cruzgator5220 11-14-2007 04:03 PM

I know that road favs aren't the best way to go, but every week there are 2 or 3 games where you could get great value. Such as last week Air Force and Kentucky.