Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

derosnec 11-15-2007 01:45 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

i'm assuming he's playing on a small fishy site.

i once played on a swedish site (a year ago or so) and the players were beyond horrible.

Gelford 11-15-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm assuming he's playing on a small fishy site.

i once played on a swedish site (a year ago or so) and the players were beyond horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you grew tired of super soft swedish 400NL ???

derosnec 11-15-2007 01:51 PM

could only play 2 tables at a time (back then). plus people chatting in swedish put me on tilt.

i might have to visit the site again actually.

thing85 11-15-2007 01:52 PM

I can't believe you're grinding away on Stars when you have fishy site options. I wish I wasn't limited to Stars...

derosnec 11-15-2007 01:54 PM

i don't know if i still have that option. it was pre-legislation.

the site was a pokerroom on Tradesports (i was dabbling in options at TS). TS gave you access to some swedish site, but it wasn't TS's own poker room. whole thing was weird.

Gelford 11-15-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could only play 2 tables at a time (back then). plus people chatting in swedish put me on tilt.

i might have to visit the site again actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

r
Yeah people going "bork bork björn borg chocolate mousse" in the chat have often annoyed me enough to say: screw these juicy 400NL tables.

Chomp 11-15-2007 01:58 PM

Well Gelford, I'm with Derosnec - I just don't get it.

To me, this debate isn't about stats or style, it's about one thing and one thing only: where do our profits in NL come from?

2+2 would have us believe they come from:

1. Standard value-taking with our good hands
2. Selective aggression and risk taking when we have a bad or marginal hand - for example shoving for FE, 3b light, bluff raising, positional stealing, squeezing etc.

But our friend Coco would apparently disagree as I cannot see how ANY of those things in #2 are a large part of his game.

I mean, does Coco fold to all aggression and hardly ever attempt to make people fold? It certainly looks that way to me. I mean, just look at the lack of variance in his graph - it's incredible.

People say you become too exploitable if you fold to raises a lot and just play ABC for value. Well, Coco is evidence this may not be true up to 400NL. I would love to try an experiment where I fold every time I am raised, never bluff, only put money into pots for value, never shove etc.

Phildo 11-15-2007 02:01 PM

You seem to be assuming this guy is playing at FTP/Stars. He isn't.

The only thing I'm taking out that thread is "move to Sweden".

derosnec 11-15-2007 02:03 PM

chomp, it's likely that coco plays against retards on a small site, not against msnl regs (like aejones, etc).

when i played live this summer for a week in vegas (200nl), my stats were probably like coco's because my opponents had an IQ of roughly zero

Spurious 11-15-2007 02:03 PM

It really depends, if it is a only swedish room than his accomplishment is ok, but not great.
I can play NL1k live at my local card room with a 5/5 style and be a constant winner.