Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   post here when announcers (or the media) say or do something stupid (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500710)

sublime 09-14-2007 12:36 AM

post here when announcers (or the media) say or do something stupid

i love reading stuff about stupid announcers and/or writers. i probably miss a lot of stuff though, as do others. i figure if we post them here we can better circulate the stupidity and maybe even start some serious movements to get these buffoons top be held accountable for the idiocy they spew.

this one is courthesy of joe morgan, found on the great site FJM...

[ QUOTE ]
John (Chicago, IL): Joe, who do you think, in your opinion, is going to represent the AL in the World Series this year and why? I like Boston because they have the best run differential in baseball and their pitching top to bottom has been statistically the best all year. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Joe Morgan: Well the run differential means nothing. It is like OPS, it mean nothing in the grander scheme of things. (...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Russ M. 09-14-2007 12:44 AM

Re: post here when announcers (or the media) say or do something stupi

I wonder what the grander scheme of things is.

vhawk01 09-14-2007 12:55 AM

I was told I would be banned if I included the phrase "Skip Bayless said" in any of my posts, so I cannot participate.

GuyIncognito 09-14-2007 12:57 AM

The grander scheme of things would be a 5-game series in which the team loses 0-12, 4-3, 3-2, 1-7, 4-3.

craig 09-14-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
found on the great site FJM..

[/ QUOTE ]

The site FJM mentions today is great also:

tradearod because we are idiots

I am pretty sure the most recent post from 'confused' in the 'pro arod' section is Ken or one of the others from FJM.

Victor 09-14-2007 01:16 AM

watching pti today and the clowns were setting percentages on upcoming events.

chargers beat the pats: korn said 25, wilbon said 10
tiger wins upcoming event: both said 100

i dont remember the others but it was obv these clowns would be broke if they ever bet on sports.

JackWhite 09-14-2007 01:42 AM

Re: post here when announcers (or the media) say or do something stupid

On ESPN tonight, Lou Holtz said that if Notre Dame loses to Michigan on Saturday, they'd have a tough time making a BCS Bowl. I'm not making that up. Look in the Week 3 college football thread for confirmation.

Triumph36 09-14-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
watching pti today and the clowns were setting percentages on upcoming events.

chargers beat the pats: korn said 25, wilbon said 10
tiger wins upcoming event: both said 100

i dont remember the others but it was obv these clowns would be broke if they ever bet on sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw i don't think they're supposed to be handicapping these events. it's pretty clear they're taking a fan's point of view on these events.

sublime 09-14-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On ESPN tonight, Lou Holtz said that if Notre Dame loses to Michigan on Saturday, they'd have a tough time making a BCS Bowl. I'm not making that up. Look in the Week 3 college football thread for confirmation.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...that guy only sounds like he retarded, he looks like he should be in some institution for old people.

Victor 09-14-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya it sounds idiotic but hes right.