Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   11r: AA Standard? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=185806)

RicP 08-13-2006 04:04 PM

11r: AA Standard?

PartyPoker $11 Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t5120)
UTG+1 (t1600)
MP1 (t2208)
MP2 (t1345)
CO (t1860)
Button (t2206)
Hero (t2285)
BB (t3376)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t250</font>, BB calls t150

Flop: (t500) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t300</font>, BB calls t300

Turn: (t1100) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets t666</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

The Yugoslavian 08-13-2006 04:14 PM

Re: 11r: AA Standard?

You have to keep calling.....77-QQ thinks he has you beat.

Folding here can't be good.

Yugoslav

FoldYourLife 08-13-2006 04:21 PM

I am not afraid of going broke in this spot because you get paid off by tons of pocket pairs.

sekrah 08-13-2006 04:22 PM

In this situation with A-A, I ALWAYS, check this flop.

If he puts in a bet, I raise. It looks much more convincing that you are holding a King than it would if you just continuation bet the flop.

If he plays back after that, I muck.

If I'm your opponent, I'll often call a continuation bet on a flop like that even if I missed, to set up a check-bet on the turn. If I see a check-raise, I usually run.

The Yugoslavian 08-13-2006 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he puts in a bet, I raise. It looks much more convincing that you are holding a King.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait....you're trying to get non-K hands to fold vs. you on the flop here? You do realize they have like 2 outs against you, right?

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

sekrah 08-13-2006 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If he puts in a bet, I raise. It looks much more convincing that you are holding a King.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait....you're trying to get non-K hands to fold vs. you on the flop here? You do realize they have like 2 outs against you, right?

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm his opp.. A continuation bet here wouldn't scare away my QQ-88, and I'm almost certiantly putting a big bet in on the turn if it's checked to me.

If my opp checks that flop after raising preflop, my ears perk up.. If he re-raises me after I put in a bet with my QQ-88, I give him credit for the king everytime.

These are $5-$20 SNGs where you see alot of the check-raise with big hands on the flop.

The Yugoslavian 08-13-2006 04:29 PM

sekrah,

Yeah I'm talking specifically about representing a K by making a check/raise.

I don't mind c/c the flop turn and river here, btw b/c like most pps seem to want to play that way.

Also, a c-bet won't scare away 88-QQ, are you crazy? It will sometimes I suppose but it's more likely they raise and fold to an allin or call and tank on a blank turn card.

Yugoslav

sekrah 08-13-2006 04:34 PM

The action was folded to Hero in the SB and he put in a raise to 2.5 BB.

You think I should run away from a c-bet from a LAG or TAG here with 7s, 8s, or 9s ?

DaN_05 08-13-2006 04:35 PM

I like to cont. bet flop. Check/call turn and bet river... not afraid to go bust here either, not at an $11.

The Yugoslavian 08-13-2006 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The action was folded to Hero in the SB and he put in a raise to 2.5 BB.

You think I should run away from a c-bet from a LAG or TAG here with 7s, 8s, or 9s ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get more confused with every post of yours.

So like, why are you check/raising the flop if you think BB's will call the flop and then bet a checked turn with a random pp?

Btw, ignore my last comment, I thought you were saying that in the BB you *would* be scared off of 88-QQ to a cbet. But I reread and you obviously aren't.

But you still haven't really focused on what you originally recommended.....and the only thing I've asked about, which is the check/raise on the flop.

Yugoslav