Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   How many hands do you play daily.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=416651)

antisocialgrace 05-31-2007 05:21 PM

How many hands do you play daily..

I've put myself on an accelerated learning curve because I got started a little late. I'm up to about 4000 8-12-tabling.

Curious as to what people think the burnout number would be long term?

cuQa 05-31-2007 05:50 PM

Re: How many hands do you play daily..

Congratulations! You are addicted!

Ikaika 05-31-2007 06:00 PM

Holy hell...how do you play so many tables and not make retarded decisions in your haste? I can play 5 or 6 but come on...

Bowlboy 05-31-2007 06:05 PM

I dunno what that number is and I would imagine it's different for different people. I think though that by taking breaks here and there you can stay in the game playing like 20k hands a week. I've played 50k hands in May and I'm not playing all day everyday kind of thing. Usually a few hours here and there 9 tabling.

There are all kinds of people making less money on assembly lines doing the same thing everyday making the same stupid part every minute. If those people can last 20+ years doing that crap then I think we can sit in front of the computer and make money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ssdex 05-31-2007 06:07 PM

i play 2-5 k 6 tabling or 5-10k 9 tabling....... but i usually try to only play 3-5 days a week. 60k-100k hands a month. Ive been doing this for the better part of 3 years, if you feel burnout, take a break for awhile, thats normal, but as long as you love the game and keep getting better then you shouldnt get burnout with a balanced lifestyle

gulon 05-31-2007 06:08 PM

If you're learning I suggest 2 tables instead of 8-12?

pkrPlayerBr 05-31-2007 06:12 PM

I play 2k hands/day 4tabling 3 days, rest 1 or 2.
30 to 35k hands per month

RobTheDuck 05-31-2007 06:30 PM

I've recently dedicated myself to more cash game play (as opposed to tournies). I feel comfortable 4-tabling now, but I think the most hands I have done in one day is ~900. I can't bring myself to play for >4 hours at a time (and I have a real job, so playing >4 hours in a day isn't realistic either).

I'm considering moving up to 6 tables once I get a few more thousand hands logged (and figure out how to hook up my other laptop as a second monitor).

HotdogPoker 05-31-2007 06:35 PM

I play anywhere from 300-500 hands in the evening 3-tabling, occasionally throwing in a fourth. My day job is demanding as hell and I just don't have the energy to play my A game for anything longer than an hour and a half at night. Weekends I have a life but if I don't on a particular day, I'm good for 1-1.5K hands.

antisocialgrace 05-31-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy hell...how do you play so many tables and not make retarded decisions in your haste? I can play 5 or 6 but come on...

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes awhile but it does become rote. I'm sure I'm giving up some quality for quantity, but I'm happy with the 16.0 PTBB/100 I have over the last 80,000 or so hands. I am able to spot people making moves after they do something a couple times. I also play aggressively so that cuts down on a lot of the crap people try to get away with against tightwads.

Only drawback to this method is I take a lot of bad beats, and that does wear on me. Hence my question about burnout.