Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   A couple of KK hands, problems on the flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556154)

STARSCREAM. 11-28-2007 02:40 AM

A couple of KK hands, problems on the flop

These are two pretty common situations I find myself in, usually I have reads on players, but this time both players (seperate sessions) are unknown, as it is literally the 1st and 2nd orbit on each table.

What is your standard line here vs an unknown?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $98.50
SB: $99
BB: $93
UTG: $29.65
Hero (MP): $201.50
CO: $250.45

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $5, 3 folds

Flop: ($12.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $18</font>, <font color="red">Hero</font>

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $95.75
Hero (BB): $101
UTG: $97
MP: $326.35
CO: $165.20
BTN: $101.80

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
4 folds, SB calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3

Flop: ($8) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $16</font>, <font color="red">Hero

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 02:43 AM

Re: A couple of KK hands, problems on the flop

I think i'm more inclined to stack off right now on the first one. On the second one I might just call and get it in on most turns.

STARSCREAM. 11-28-2007 02:45 AM

Is this because in H1 we do not have the K of the flush card but in H2 we do?

That is the main reason I posted both hands, just because I didn't know how much of a difference that variable should make in my flop decision here.

STARSCREAM. 11-29-2007 12:26 AM

badkins6 11-29-2007 12:30 AM

I do it to it with both of these hands, waaay too many draws for you to fold. And calling only lets a bad turn card hit.

Burdzthewurd 11-29-2007 12:33 AM

I call/re-eval first one but don't mind a shove either, it's player dependent on whether or not he likes playing lots of suited/middle connector hands or will just go nuts with any Queen or draw. 2nd I'm insta-shoveling and taking a flip vs. combo draws or big Jacks.