Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Am I psychic? (MUBS vs Intuition) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438736)

Zeldark 06-29-2007 07:27 AM

Am I psychic? (MUBS vs Intuition)

My PAHUD was at the time broken. But something stood out about the hand. I was convinced he had high PP but look at that flop. Is folding anywhere along the way elite or just plain dumb? As always, any other advice is always welcome.

PokerStars 5/10¢ Hold'em!!! (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (10.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

b1grich 06-29-2007 07:41 AM

Re: Am I psychic? (MUBS vs Intuition)

Standard. Once he 3-bets you on the turn you slow down, as you should. I see nothing wrong with this (except not following your gut)

kerowo 06-29-2007 07:44 AM

Selective memory. You just don't remember all the times your gut said he had rockets and he turned over 72o. You don't really have a good enough read to dump tp here.

Zeldark 06-29-2007 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard. Once he 3-bets you on the turn you slow down, as you should. I see nothing wrong with this (except not following your gut)

[/ QUOTE ]
If I follow my gut on the turn I save 2BB.
If I follow my gut on the flop after raise I save 2.5BB.
If I follow my gut and am wrong I've thrown away the likely best hand.

And as implied: I vividly remember that I suspected he had overpair when he 3-bet the flop.

Xhad 06-29-2007 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I follow my gut on the flop after raise I save 2.5BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

UGH. SOMEONE NEEDS TO STICKY A POT ODDS CHART OR SOMETHING.

BTW, KJ, QJs, overzealous nut flush draws, retardation. There are other hands that do this but you're right to shut down as of the flop 3bet.

Zeldark 06-29-2007 08:34 AM

So we're pretty much in agreement that the hand was played correctly but the idea of what brought it to the forum is on the insane side? LDO?

Bona 06-29-2007 08:49 AM

I don't think it is psychic to recognize villain plays JJ+ and only plays a few other hands this way.

I don't think it's MUBS to realize you may lose here more often than you win.

I can't find anyplace in the hand where I would abandon the pot for 1 bet. I think you played it fine.

So you may indeed be psychic, and you may, in fact, suffer from MUBS; but this hand doesn't prove it to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bennyhana 06-29-2007 09:41 AM

this appears to be very standard.

Riku 06-29-2007 10:14 AM

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/standard.jpg

NIX 06-29-2007 10:38 AM

I can't think of any other way to play this.