Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   **Official NLHTP Study Group Thread (interest thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=169093)

deacsoft 07-23-2006 11:42 PM

**Official NLHTP Study Group Thread (interest thread)

No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice Study Group
Everyone,
It was suggested in another thread that we get this going. I agree. This thread is here to gauge the level of interest in having a book study group here in the Books/Publications. I have conducted a few of these in the past (TOP, POP, & SSH) and they seem to have gone well. For those of you who have participated in a pervious group you know what to do. For those of you who have not... read on.

These study groups are formed and conducted under the premise that several minds are better than one. It is the intention of the study group to provide a well rounded learning experience for all those involved and for the reference of others in times to come. A section of reading is set up on a weekly basis for participants to follow. At the beginning of the week a thread will be placed at the top of this forum for questions, thoughts, comments, and general discussion. The thread will remain there until the next week's reading and thread begins. As always, please keep any posts in the weekly threads consistent with that thread's assigned reading. Links to previous weekly threads will be provided in the current weekly thread.

I'm thinking of starting "Week I" on the 1st of August. Those of you who have already purchased No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice (NLHTP) are free to get a head start. Those of you who do not yet have a copy have a little time to get one before we start.

From what I've read so far I've found this book to be excellent. This study group will be a great opportunity to insure that you get a solid understanding of it's contents. I expect the interest to be high and am looking forward to a great study group.

Cheers,

deacsoft
Moderator, Books/Publications

P.S. Those of you who have NLHTP First Edition, First Printing there are a few minor corrections that should be noted. A link to the thread listing those corrections by NLHTP co-author ED Miller can be found here.

HSB 07-24-2006 10:03 AM

Re: **Official NLHTP Study Group Thread (interest thread)

Very interested.

MuckerFish 07-24-2006 10:43 AM

I'm in

boomboom 07-24-2006 10:49 AM

I'm in.

Psycho Boy Jack 07-24-2006 11:27 AM

I'm a beginner, but if "allowed" i'd be happy to participate....i'm sure it can be of a great help for my game.

mbz111 07-24-2006 12:25 PM

I've already read NLHTP, and I'm anxious to start my second reading, and think that the group study would strengthen my understanding so....

I'm in.

trying2learn 07-24-2006 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've already read NLHTP, and I'm anxious to start my second reading, and think that the group study would strengthen my understanding so....

I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

HighStakesPro 07-24-2006 01:13 PM

Interested.

allenciox 07-24-2006 01:16 PM

Definitely.

Falker11 07-24-2006 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]