Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Razz - folding the river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545744)

Praxising 11-14-2007 02:22 AM

Razz - folding the river

Does anyone fold on 6th? (I didn't raise 3rd because there were three wheels behind me, I figured one of them might, and I didn't have a single card on the board.)

Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (4.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (6.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (6.40 BB)

Andy B 11-14-2007 02:32 AM

Re: Razz - folding the river

Raise third. Micro-limit players cannot be counted upon to bet your hand for you. And no way do I fold sixth.

xxeximusxx 11-14-2007 02:39 AM

...well you certainly can't call the river

i guess you played it fine being results oriented, but i would be much more agressive on third and fourth, raising both on both

Praxising 11-14-2007 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And no way do I fold sixth.

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks, Andy. I figured he made the 8 on 5th and I wasn't sure it was reasonable to keep putting money in just to maybe hit that 7.

I didn't want anyone raising 3rd, I wanted to keep this one as cheap as possible.

Praxising 11-14-2007 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
being results oriented,

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what this means. Some hands I play pretty aggressively. This one I had a bad feeling about.

iStackBooks 11-14-2007 07:38 AM

I agree with raise on 4th, I think the chances of him having your 7 beat are very slim given how weak he was on 3rd, and at the very worst you pay a small price for info. If he just calls your raise on 4th I think he's going to be folding 5th a lot of the time because he has at least 1 crap card in the hole and has to be very worried about being dead. Well maybe not since it's micro, but I think raise on 4th is mandatory...

Also, raise 3rd here all day every day

blumpkin 11-14-2007 09:46 AM

why did you check 5th? he may have paired the 8 or have a bad one in the hole. i would bet there. by check/calling he probably thinks you have a made 87. so once you got to the river this way it's an obvious fold.

Praxising 11-14-2007 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you check 5th? he may have paired the 8 or have a bad one in the hole. i would bet there.

[/ QUOTE ]I knew the player, she never plays anything but a premium hand, won't bet if she pairs but would have called if I bet. But really, I just had a bad feeling about this one.

Andy B 11-15-2007 01:14 AM

When used on this board, "results-oriented" thinking means that you allow the fact that you won or lost a hand to make you believe that you played a hand well or poorly. This is something we strive to avoid.