Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   set over set? Try quads over quads (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=168062)

ssmallz 07-22-2006 01:46 PM

set over set? Try quads over quads

I guess writing this will somehow help me deal w/the bad beat but I just gotta share this one

Commerce NL 100, loose game 3 limpers to me in HJ w/T7s. I limp co limps button raises to 4x BB 2 callers I call CO calls.

Flop KKT

checked to button he checks it through

Turn T

Checked to me I bet 20, only button calls

River T I bet 40 button pushes all in for another 200 I call.

Button flips over KK and I was behind the whole time. Worst part was that the BB jackpot was 11k and my kicker didn't play.

cheiro 07-22-2006 01:51 PM

Re: set over set? Try quads over quads

tighten up preflop

Poker_Hoar 07-22-2006 01:55 PM

I don't know if it will make you feel better but here is my take.

1. Be happy you were not in a $2,000 game.
2. This will happen to you again, it does to everyone.
3. You will do this to someone in the future and they will post the result.
4. It could have been worse. You could have been beaten by runner runner instead of being behind.

If the beat really bothers you then that means the money in the pot was just too much for you to lose, IMO. if that happened to you and the pot was $5 you would joke about it, or shrug it off. The loss you took hurt.

I would play at a lower limit until you see how 'often' this kind of thing happens (I agree quads are extrememe).

I_am_Deva 07-22-2006 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess writing this will somehow help me deal w/the bad beat

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Button flips over KK and I was behind the whole time

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

ssmallz 07-22-2006 02:40 PM

ok so its not a bad beat, just an amusing story

ssmallz 07-22-2006 02:41 PM

not really too bummed about it as for the $$ aspect, just wanted to share a story

ghostface 07-22-2006 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4. It could have been worse. You could have been beaten by runner runner instead of being behind.

If the beat really bothers you then that means the money in the pot was just too much for you to lose, IMO. if that happened to you and the pot was $5 you would joke about it, or shrug it off. The loss you took hurt.

I would play at a lower limit until you see how 'often' this kind of thing happens (I agree quads are extrememe).

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong forum.

Nielsio 07-22-2006 02:44 PM

What do you think he puts you on when he pushes!!?!?!?!

Suppose he has a K, then he's chopping if you have a K, and he's losing to a T. But now he pushes over the top for two buyins when there's a good chance you could have a T.

The board is KKTTT and he pushes over the top 2 buyins all-in and he raised preflop, and you have a T in your hand...........

ssmallz 07-22-2006 02:44 PM

pf limp is standard considering the game. These people love to get their stacks in w/mediocre holdings, there were a ton of limpers pf in front of me, I have great position. The pf call is fine too considering I'm getting huge imediate odds, I have great implied odds and there's zero chance of co reraising given his style of play.

astarck 07-22-2006 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I was about to type something similar.