Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Thought I was going to win a milestone hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403291)

TeeJayOrTJ 05-14-2007 10:41 PM

Thought I was going to win a milestone hand

Once that guy mucked AA I thought I had the nuts. Still got 880 though

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (15 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (15 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has As Ah (one pair, aces).
BB has 8h 2d (one pair, eights).
UTG has 4d 4c (three of a kind, fours).
Hero has 4h Qs (two pair, queens and fours).
CO has 6c 7s (high card, queen).
Button has 3s Ts (one pair, tens).
Outcome: UTG wins 21 BB. </font>

PJo336 05-14-2007 10:44 PM

Re: Thought I was going to win a milestone hand

Beat: Limit

ImsaKidd 05-14-2007 10:53 PM

Love the guy with 76.

Yes its a milestone hand, you can fold 7 high though....

TheWorstPlayer 05-14-2007 11:24 PM

bet the turn you tard

sweetjazz 05-14-2007 11:35 PM

So I take it they announced it was a milestone hand before the deal and that the winner of the pot won the most?

I had a similar situation in a Party hand and it folded to me on the CO (and the players that folded were by no means tight). I raised 92s, but two others came along and I 3barrelled my money away knowing it only had to work like 1/500 or something.

sightless 05-14-2007 11:48 PM

BET TURN

GameTheory 05-14-2007 11:55 PM

WOWOW..BET THE TURNNN..wtf..

pahala 05-16-2007 05:58 PM

Brag: got dealt in a milestone hand for the first time.
Beat: Hit it on a NL25 table I opened [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Beat: Didn't win, some guy had J4o and turned trips to beat one guy with ATo and my mighty 63o.
Brag (beat?): got $130 minus $25 for the buy-in. All-in preflop, one guy folded and got again berated by the rail.

What really surprises me is that there are 40+ people who join the waiting list once the table is announced hoping they could get some of the action.

hasugopher 05-16-2007 06:07 PM

a while back I was dealt into one of these milestone hands playing 5/10NL HU. I thought it was going to be the NEXT hand so I open folded 92o on the button or some garbage. I figured it ended up costing me about $3k in EV when all was said and done.

vos 05-16-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a while back I was dealt into one of these milestone hands playing 5/10NL HU. I thought it was going to be the NEXT hand so I open folded 92o on the button or some garbage. I figured it ended up costing me about $3k in EV when all was said and done.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
lol