Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The Best Poster in SMP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557928)

madnak 11-30-2007 02:48 PM

Re: The Best Poster in SMP

I don't believe in best either. There are at least 15 posters here whom I would equally hate to see go. Probably more, I won't try naming them because I'd forget people who deserve to be mentioned. I like those who are interesting and make me think, and I don't much care about writing quality or accuracy.

Borodog 11-30-2007 02:54 PM

Can't believe I forgot lehighguy for an HM. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

PairTheBoard 11-30-2007 03:07 PM

carlos

PTB

govman6767 11-30-2007 03:19 PM

Ahhhh you all know what Jack Burton says at a time like this.....

Who

Jack Burton... ME !!!!!!

Subfallen 11-30-2007 03:27 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] everyone.

Peter666 is the most interesting poster to me because he seems completely insane and yet charming all at once.

vhawk01 11-30-2007 04:30 PM

Its hard for me to separate "has lots and lots of posts and some of them are bound to be good" from like the consistently best poster. And there are lots of really good posters. So, considering I'm probably overweighting posting history, my favorite SMP posters are luckyme, chezlaw and madnak, in no particular order. Honorable mentions: Metric, Subfallen, ChrisV (he doesnt post as much any more but I'm shocked no one mentioned him) and then a bunch more I guess.

EDIT: Oh and definitely Phil.

scorcher863 11-30-2007 04:34 PM

vhawk, I keep my pocket dictionary at hand when reading his posts. madnak is pretty much the man too. Also, posters i enjoy: lestat,tame dueces,and luckyme. Jay shark for the math end. Splendour for fueling the fire.

Edit: oh yeah, phil that damn twit
vhawk strikes again

madnak 11-30-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has lots and lots of posts and some of them are bound to be good

[/ QUOTE ]

We should put more emphasis on these posters. They totally kick more ass than anyone else.

chezlaw 11-30-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are clearly not reading enough vhawk and Metric posts.

I have made lots of posts where I was wrong, dead wrong. I don't ever recall seing vhawk or Metric be wrong, for example.

[/ QUOTE ]
generally agree with the consensus, you're probably right about Metric I wish I could understand his posts.

Being wrong would be a big step up for some posters. Some of your posts have been thought provoking and interesting, matters not a jot if they were wrong.

and you can be annoying, apparantly a good thing.

chez

Kimbell175113 11-30-2007 04:54 PM

I lurk SMP a lot:

ChrisV - best writer.
vhawk and chez - best 'high-volume' posters.
madnak and Metric - my favorites.